BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Paint colour code details

26K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  NobudyIn Particular 
#1 ·
I need to have some scratches repaired on the lower left enging side cover (long story :mad: ). The part colour is listed as Magnesium on the fische. Does anyone have or know of the paint spec details, colour code etc ? I'd like to be able to provide the info to the painter if possible. Year 2005, Light Yellow Metallic, but the lower sections are all the same colour as far as I know.

#2 ·
from an old post of Joe's

Paint Color List
K1200LT - Colors by Year

1999 - Canyon Red, Basalt Grey Metallic, Champagne Metallic
2000 - Canyon Red, Basalt Grey Metallic, Champagne Metallic, Pacific Blue Metallic
2001 - Mauve Pearl, Night Black, Toscana Green Metallic, Pacific Blue Metallic, Champagne Metallic
2002 - Night Black, Pacific Blue Metallic, Toscana Green Metallic, Mauve Pearl, Titan Silver Metallic
2003 - Titan Silver Metallic, Anthracite Metallic, Impala Brown Metallic, Night Black
2004 - Impala Brown Metallic, Night Black, Titan Silver Metallic
2005 - Ocean Blue Metallic, Dark Graphite Metallic, Light Yellow Metallic
2006 - Ocean Blue Metallic, Magnesium Black Graphite, Storm Gray Metallic
2007 - Night Black, Biarritz Blue Metallic, Storm Gray Metallic

(BMW only officially offers 3 colors per year. But many Beemers are shipped over here painted colors from previous years. Champagne Metallic and Night Black are probably the two greatest examples of these 'anomalies'.)

K1200LT - Paint Codes
Anthracite Metallic (397)
Biarritz Blue Metallic (847)
Basalt Gray Metallic (410)
Canyon Red Metallic (343)
Champagne Metallic (417)
Dark Graphite Metallic (919)
Impala Brown Metallic (418)
Light Yellow Metallic (376)
Magnesium Black Graphite (N01)
Mauve Pearl (489)
Night Black (668)
Ocean Blue Metallic (947)
Pacific Blue Metallic (441)
Storm Gray Metallic (N02)
Titan Silver Metallic (354)
Toscana Green Metallic (492)

Trim colors / codes (i.e. dash etc.)
Magnesium Metallic (957)

As expected, I found a few conflicts regarding paint code numbers. I did the best that I could. Perhaps BMW used different paint codes for the same color from year to year.

Hope this helps...

Reactions: Bigswed1962
#24 ·

Paint Color List
K1200LT - Colors by Year

2000 - Canyon Red, Basalt Grey Metallic, Champagne Metallic, Pacific Blue Metallic
2001 - Mauve Pearl, Night Black, Toscana Green Metallic, Pacific Blue Metallic, Champagne Metallic
2002 - Night Black, Pacific Blue Metallic, Toscana Green Metallic, Mauve Pearl, Titan Silver Metallic
2003 - Titan Silver Metallic, Anthracite Metallic, Impala Brown Metallic, Night Black

(BMW only officially offers 3 colors per year. But many Beemers are shipped over here painted colors from previous years. Champagne Metallic and Night Black are probably the two greatest examples of these 'anomalies'.)

K1200LT - Paint Codes
Champagne Metallic (417)
Mauve Pearl (489)
Night Black (668)

Magnesium Metallic (957)

As expected, I found a few conflicts regarding paint code numbers. I did the best that I could. Perhaps BMW used different paint codes for the same color from year to year.

Hope this helps...
I know this is an old post, but it hopefully is still relevant. I am about to order my RDL seat and they want to know the color of the bike. I have a 2007 that is gray, but I would like to be sure I tell them the correct gray. I looked through my original paperwork when I bought the bike and the sales paperwork just says "Gray". I assume from the chart above that my 207 is the "Storm Gray Metallic", but I also read that some colors from prior years get used occasionally and read the horror story of a person who had parts painted with the wrong color as his bike apparently used a prior model year color.

I also read the post about the trim code under the seat. Is calling a BMW dealer with this trim code really the only way to be sure of the paint color code?

#5 ·
K100Dennis said:
I need to have some scratches repaired on the lower left enging side cover (long story :mad: ). The part colour is listed as Magnesium on the fische. Does anyone have or know of the paint spec details, colour code etc ? I'd like to be able to provide the info to the painter if possible. Year 2005, Light Yellow Metallic, but the lower sections are all the same colour as far as I know.
My bike is the same color scheme and I believe your paint codes are 376 for the light yellow metallic and 058 for the magnesium metallic. I have found OEM touchup paints on eBay as available from a BMW car dealership. BMW motorcycle dealers do not stock touchup paint it appears but maybe the car dealers do.

#8 ·
Thankyou all for your assistance in this. Holt BMW, Ohio are to be commended for their prompt response to my query regarding the paint code. They are right on the money, excellent. For information - BMW colour scheme code 949 is for light yellow metallic over Magnesium Metallic Matt for lower sections and trims. Individually - light yellow metallic is BMW code 376 and magnesium metallic matt is BMW code 957. The Glasurit website also has an excellent colour code search function which confirms this info as well.

Reactions: djmellor
#9 ·
cws said:

Paint Color List
K1200LT - Colors by Year

K1200LT - Paint Codes
Champagne Metallic (417)
Mauve Pearl (489)
Night Black (668)

Magnesium Metallic (957)

Hope this helps...
I love to know if these blues are the same as I am looking to replace some of my fairing with some that I was able to locate on the internet, My color is Ocean Blue. Is it the same as the Biarritz Blue? They look very identical when you are looking at the color on the internet. Please help.

#10 ·
the colour code on my 02 is under the seat, there is sticker on the tyre guard
HTH

Mmmm interesting, its Mauve but is 798

Reactions: djmellor
#11 ·
I have some yellow if you need it

Reactions: LTnAZ
#12 ·
Axle said:
the colour code on my 02 is under the seat, there is sticker on the tyre guard
HTH

Mmmm interesting, its Mauve but is 798
The code on the sticker under the seat on the LT is not the Paint Color Code, but a "Trim Code", which covers all trim items. The dealer can look up the trim code and get the paint code.

#14 ·
omoige said:
I love to know if these blues are the same as I am looking to replace some of my fairing with some that I was able to locate on the internet, My color is Ocean Blue. Is it the same as the Biarritz Blue? They look very identical when you are looking at the color on the internet. Please help.

The blues are all different shades. Biaritz Blue (847) has a brighter hue than Ocean Blue (947) and will not match.

#17 ·
james216 said:
I FOUND A FEW CONFLICTS. Example My 2004 is Anthracite metallic. A 2003 color.
and my 2002 has champagne.

i'd wager the colors are based on European releases, not USA releases :dance:

#18 ·
dshealey said:
The code on the sticker under the seat on the LT is not the Paint Color Code, but a "Trim Code", which covers all trim items. The dealer can look up the trim code and get the paint code.
Where's the thanks button :wave I had no idea, glad i didn't try to get the colour made up

#19 ·
Sorry to dig an old thread up but it matches my latest predicament so well that I just had to do it.

So my bike is 2006 and I had to get my pannier covers and rear cowling painted. Off to Colorrite's site I go and select the paint for my bike, Storm Gray metallic N02. Take the paint and parts to the painter, get them back and then when I start putting it all back together I notice, to my horror, that the color is a few shades lighter than on the old parts. Call to the painter asking what the hell did he do and he's like "I used the paint you gave me straight up", at which point I'm royally confused. I then come on over here to find this thread and it's all clear now (I think at least), my 2006 has 2005 paint (Dark Graphite Metallic 919 up there, 946 on Colorrite) on it. Crap on a crud!

Has anyone dealt with Colorrite, meaning what's the likelihood they at least cover the paint cost for a re-spray?

Couple pics showing the difference:

Attachments

#20 ·
Looks like you may have missed Magnesium Black Graphite (N01) which was an 06 color. Since you specified Storm Gray metallic N02, then it is on you. If you has specified to "match the color" then it would be on them.

Reactions: Mark65
#22 ·
Yeah this would have been all well and dandy except Colorrite only lists Storm Gray N02 for 2006.
You are correct on the color though, I just ran my VIN on a decoder and that is exactly what came up. Sent them an email with codes etc., hoping to get at least a discount :wink:

#21 ·
Learn to love the two-tone. :D

I've got a pair of Blue (07) panniers I might put on my Dark Graphite Metallic '05 one day... that'll look worse than yours (actually I don't mind that look of yours)... :laugh:

Reactions: JaL3_SD
#23 ·
Thanks :) I also got a set of lower fairings off eBay for like $70 and since they are in pretty good nick, I slapped them on as they were. So my bike is like five shades of grey now :laugh:

I'm kinda thinking of leaving it as it is if I don't get any discounts from Colorrite and/or my painter...

#25 ·
You should see the trim color code N02 on a sticker under the seat on the rear fender for Storm Gray Metallic as per the list above. Mine is Ocean Blue Metallic and has the sticker 947.

#26 ·
Yes, I found the little black sticker on the rear fender and it is N02 so looks like I’m confirmed. Now just need to go do some inseam and waist measurements and get a few pictures to send in!

Thanks, John.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.