Wiring diagrams for 2002 K1200LT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Mar 30th, 2006, 6:11 pm Thread Starter

Unhappy Wiring diagrams for 2002 K1200LT

Does anyone know where I can get a set? Why the service manual on CD doesn't have them I can't figure out.
I did order a wiring diagram book, but it appears to be for a 1999 model, and the wiring does not match my bike at all.

Here's my dilemma: used bike, with factory alarm, one fob and no override code card. I want to remove the alarm completely. One of the members here was kind enough to photocopy a set of retrofit alarm installation instructions, but even they don't match my bike. According to the alarm instructions, the BY wire from the starter relay connects to the alarm harness, and the other end of the alarm harness connects to the factory wiring. Simple enough, but - the BY wire on my bike connects via a 1 pole spade/lug terminal to a brown/green wire on the harness. There is also a BY wire (same type of terminal) that connects to a BW wire on the bike. Then, I have a green wire from the relay that connects via a wire tap to the green wire on what (according to my wiring diagram book) is the ABS warning relay.

The starter relay in my wiring diagram book shows 4 wires - my bike has 5 going to the relay. If I can get my hands on an accurate wiring diagram, I can figure out how to restore my starter and fuel pump relay circuits to a state so they will work with the alarm system removed.

If anyone knows where I can purchase accurate diagrams for the 2002 model (hopefully with alarm system wiring in there as well) I will be forever in your debt. It was 70 degrees today, and the bike is all apart in the garage!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Mar 30th, 2006, 6:19 pm

why didnt you just pull the alarm fuse,,i believe youll be good to go
post #3 of 11 Old Mar 30th, 2006, 6:30 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny
why didnt you just pull the alarm fuse,,i believe youll be good to go
Show or tell me where the alarm fuse is, and I'll be happy to! There is no mention of any fuse in the instructions I have.

post #4 of 11 Old Mar 30th, 2006, 7:04 pm

Paul, lift the seat and you will see 3 separate fuse boxes. As you are looking toward the back of the bike you want the box on the left. This is called the right-hand fuse box in the service and technical book that should have come with your bike. The 3rd fuse from the top should be a 15 amp and covers the horn, brake light and the alarm system. At least that's what the book says. Good luck.

Tim Frederick
Woodbury, MN
post #5 of 11 Old Mar 30th, 2006, 7:36 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredthead
Paul, lift the seat and you will see 3 separate fuse boxes. As you are looking toward the back of the bike you want the box on the left. This is called the right-hand fuse box in the service and technical book that should have come with your bike. The 3rd fuse from the top should be a 15 amp and covers the horn, brake light and the alarm system. At least that's what the book says. Good luck.
Tim, thanks! That's the problem with getting a used bike - you never know what manuals and other goodies *should* have come with it until you get into things and find out what you *don't* have. Funny, I did find the missing bolt for the front of the seat subframe assembly laying on top of the engine, so I know people have been in here before.

Well, since the fuse for the alarm also powers the horn and brake lights, I guess pulling the fuse is out of the question. I've been out in the garage and found that I can disconnect all of the alarm connectors with the exception of one and the bike will crank over. So, whatever wire(s) it is from the relay have to go through that connector, and the alarm unit makes or breaks the connection. All I have to do is figure out what wires have to be connected, and a simple jumper will do. Then just a double check for power to the fuel pump, and some detective work to override that as well.

I'll get this - it's become a challenge now!
post #6 of 11 Old Mar 30th, 2006, 11:39 pm

Sounds like you got the info you need. If you still want the electrical schematics drop by your dealer. It's a suplimental manual you have to buy in addition to the service manual.
post #7 of 11 Old Mar 31st, 2006, 1:24 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Part numbers for the Service Manuals and Wiring Diagrams for various years can be found in this thread.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #8 of 11 Old Mar 31st, 2006, 6:07 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Part numbers for the Service Manuals and Wiring Diagrams for various years can be found in this thread.
Ahhhh, you have saved me! It seems the wiring diagrams I have are the earlier versions!

Does anyone need a perfectly legitimate printed copy of the 99-01 wiring diagrams? I've got one real cheap (cost of shipping).
post #9 of 11 Old Mar 31st, 2006, 8:11 am

Sent you a PM

Larry Rusnak
Wadsworth, Ohio
2002 K1200LTC Pacific Blue
post #10 of 11 Old Feb 24th, 2014, 4:06 am

Re: Wiring diagrams for 2002 K1200LT

don't spose you still got those 99-2001 wiring diagrams?
post #11 of 11 Old Feb 24th, 2014, 9:20 am

Re: Wiring diagrams for 2002 K1200LT

Tat N Tell.
Just a heads up here. The new version of the Clymer's manual has all of the new updated wiring diagrams and will help you immensely.

I got mine at Amazon and as I recall it was about $35 with shipping.

Note: Just took a look in Amazon and Clymer's has a new version that covers 1998-2010 and it's $40.xx. That will cover your present model and then the newer one you'll get in a couple of years, say 2008

Here--> http://www.amazon.com/dp/1599692341/...l_2m6y9n6m6q_b

Tommy
77 years old and gittin' younger
__________________________________________________ __
'07 K1200LT Black w/color matched Hannigan Europa II Trailer
'09 KLR650 heavily modified for the TAT

IBA #48786
MOA #164466

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in