Eleven years old and still goin strong. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 5:27 am Thread Starter

Eleven years old and still goin strong.

Well guys I bought my LT new in 2001 and have 65000 km on it know and decided a few months ago to do some preventative maintenance on her.The only thing was it got a bit outa hand. I fitted the upgraded throttle cables ,new throttle shaft,new brake pads all round,HID light kit,PIAA driving light kit,Remus exhaust,Rinewest chip ,full oil and filters,gear shaft and engine and fuel filter.Then it got interesting and I did a valve set coolant clean and brake fluid flush,don't think I forgot anything ! .The only thing is when you've had it apart for a few months and your in a rush to get it back together you fit that damn Tupperware twenty times because you forget to fit something under it, anyway going to take it for a shakedown soon to see how it goes.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 7:02 am
cws

Garage
Thumbs up Re: Eleven years old and still goin strong.

Wow, and it took that long to find/post on the Forum? ;-)
Man of few words! Congrats on digging in deep.... and welcome from a fellow Sydneysider!
Nice to hear from other locals.

Cheers

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #3 of 5 Old Oct 24th, 2012, 6:44 am Thread Starter

Re: Eleven years old and still goin strong.

Yeh does seem like a long time,I was a member years ago but somehow had to rejoin.ive also got a GSA and play around om ADVRIDER a bit,anyway she's just about on the road i will post again with the results soon.

post #4 of 5 Old Oct 25th, 2012, 4:00 am

I bought my 99 babe in jul 2012... Still going strong till now and in fact, better as I have done some work on it.. So far 93000km n doing fine!
post #5 of 5 Old Oct 25th, 2012, 6:12 am Thread Starter

That's what they were designed to do I spose,I've had many bikes in my life but there's no other bike I ve owned that I can do 1000 km days two up and get to your destination feelin ready to party.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in