Inoperative left signal light repair - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Oct 14th, 2012, 10:17 am Thread Starter

Inoperative left signal light repair

Recently my left signal light stopped operating and I removed the switch and found the terminal inside the small switch had broken. There was no way to repair the switch so started pricing switches. The cheapest I could find was 125.00 for a used with shipping. Started looking around trying to find a micro switch that I could use to repair the switch. I had an old printer that was toast so disassembled and took the on/off switch from the circuit board and soldiered the wires to it. I then drilled a hole in the bottom of the switch and threaded the wires through and then filled the switch with silicone and inserted the micro switch and allowed the silicone to dry. I installed the switch and wallah a repaired signal light and saved about 150.00. I wish I had taken pictures on this process to share. I just wanted to let you guys know that it can be repaired.

Curtis Traylor
Mountain Home, AR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Oct 14th, 2012, 10:24 am

Re: Inoperative left signal light repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctraylor
Recently my left signal light stopped operating and I removed the switch and found the terminal inside the small switch had broken. There was no way to repair the switch so started pricing switches. The cheapest I could find was 125.00 for a used with shipping. Started looking around trying to find a micro switch that I could use to repair the switch. I had an old printer that was toast so disassembled and took the on/off switch from the circuit board and soldiered the wires to it. I then drilled a hole in the bottom of the switch and threaded the wires through and then filled the switch with silicone and inserted the micro switch and allowed the silicone to dry. I installed the switch and wallah a repaired signal light and saved about 150.00. I wish I had taken pictures on this process to share. I just wanted to let you guys know that it can be repaired.
Wow, Curtis - brings to mind the olde saying *I learn sumpthin' new every day!* Thanks for sharing - thats a good one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in