Jenna is here! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Mar 29th, 2006, 7:25 pm Thread Starter
Miles of Smiles

Garage
Smile Jenna is here!

Apologies to all, communications are a bit patchy down here until we organise a broadband connection.
Suffice to say we are now rolling after our 3 1/2 years of planning and it was worth every minute. She handles like a dream ( 020's ) and we are both loving it all. Will try to stay in touch better, looking forward to CCR '06. Cheers Rena & Hilton.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mum's First Go.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	2813  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Mar 29th, 2006, 7:34 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

Woohoo!

About time. I still remember meeting you for the first time and all the questions you had.

Glad to see it happen.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #3 of 10 Old Mar 29th, 2006, 7:39 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilton
Apologies to all, communications are a bit patchy down here until we organise a broadband connection.
Suffice to say we are now rolling after our 3 1/2 years of planning and it was worth every minute. She handles like a dream ( 020's ) and we are both loving it all. Will try to stay in touch better, looking forward to CCR '06. Cheers Rena & Hilton.
Hey, hey Hilton - congrats on finally getting settled over the last few years. You guyz have really earned the very best of everythang and I know the entire family here is proud for ya. Be great to see you both at CCR '06 - like it wuz at CCR '04.

BTW - for some reason, I don't remember that underbrush you're sportin' now; although it does look good on ya, even with the helmet on!! Which reminds me - you bringin' helmets and riding gear with ya this time? Ole Toad would be proud to sport ya around for a day or two while you're here (unless you've made other arrangements for a ride). Just count on it if needed.

Cy'all at the Chateau!

post #4 of 10 Old Mar 30th, 2006, 12:39 pm
Super Moderator

Congratulations, Hilton! I'm happy that you and Rena have finally achieved this dream, I know you've been working towards it for along time! Ride safe and enjoy the road!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 Old Mar 30th, 2006, 12:48 pm

Glad to see all your waiting has finally paid off! Took a long time, but you certainly did your homework first. There were likely to be no surprises, other than good ones.

Don't know if I will be at CCR '06 or not. If I get my home sold here in CA and move to the TN/NC area as hoped I may drop in even if I do not have a bike. Would love to meet old friends again, and make a few new ones.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #6 of 10 Old Mar 30th, 2006, 1:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
Glad to see all your waiting has finally paid off! Took a long time, but you certainly did your homework first. There were likely to be no surprises, other than good ones.

Don't know if I will be at CCR '06 or not. If I get my home sold here in CA and move to the TN/NC area as hoped I may drop in even if I do not have a bike. Would love to meet old friends again, and make a few new ones.
Hey David, if I can make it from Finland you should make it from whereever in the US...

Very much looking forward to meeting both you and Hilton (among hundreds of others) at CCR.

Regards

Ari "the Farkle-Freak-Finn" Ignatius

Hyvinkää, Finland
2004 ('05) LT, Dark Graphite, "Sunset Cruiser II"

Bike trip from Finland to USA:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures of various farkle projects:

post #7 of 10 Old Mar 31st, 2006, 1:43 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Excellent news, Hilton. How long will it take you to put on the 1,374 farkles that you've already collected?

I'm sure you and Rena will enjoy every kilometer.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #8 of 10 Old Mar 31st, 2006, 11:10 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozo_izquierdo
Hey David, if I can make it from Finland you should make it from whereever in the US...

Very much looking forward to meeting both you and Hilton (among hundreds of others) at CCR.

Regards
I made every CCR when I had a bike, except the first one in Broken Bow, but without one, it is less enticing to go.

But I will say that I enjoyed the Gatlinburg CCR as much as any, and my bike was in Nashville waiting on a new final drive unit from Germany. That was frustrating, but the comraderie and the venue were first rate! All the CCRs I attended were great, but maybe because of the time I had to just meet and talk to people in Gatlinburg that one is probably the most memorable, also, that was the only one my wife attended.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #9 of 10 Old Mar 31st, 2006, 11:18 am

Don't know if I will be at CCR '06 or not. If I get my home sold here in CA and move to the TN/NC area as hoped I may drop in even if I do not have a bike. Would love to meet old friends again, and make a few new ones.[/QUOTE]

David, I got a 1200 GoldWing available for you to borrow for CCR. It will be in TN by that time.

Jay Slomka
Johnson City, TN

Y2K LT Champagne Class Act

BMWMOA, AMA, IBA
post #10 of 10 Old Mar 31st, 2006, 6:10 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilton
Wonderful news Hilton! We don't have to tell you to enjoy her. We all know you will!

Blessings!
munson+

The Rev. John Munson
Vicar,
, Burkburnett, Texas
Vicar,
, Wichita Falls, Texas
2007 R1200RT "REV ZM"
IRON BUTT ASSOC. #37813
See my video:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in