Instructions should have come with them. If not look at the wiring diagram from the website.
5.3 Tap the relay power lead (marked “+SW”) into an ignition-key-switched power source.
· Locate a running lamp, tail lamp or accessory circuit for this connection.
· Do not use engine control, ABS, brake or other critical circuits.
· BMWs (including CANbus models) generally have small parking
lamp bulbs in the headlight assembly that are “on” with the ignition.
Do not use tail light circuits on CANbus BMWs.
· Some Hondas (and other makes) have a switched accessory lead behind the side cover.
· The circuit must provide 12 volts when the ignition switch is “on”, and zero volts with the ignition switch
· Use the ScotchlokTM electrical tap to connect the “+SW” wire to the
ignition-switched bike circuit. The ScotchlokTM is provided for convenience.
Other secure connection methods (ie: solder and shrink tubing) may be
used if preferred.
· If in doubt, confer with your dealer for an appropriate location.
The Motolight® relay coil draws very little current during operation