Radio Question - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Sep 26th, 2012, 4:15 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs down Radio Question

I have additional inputs on the CD player for (I don't know what) and was wandering what these were for. I have referred to the owners manual but it does not show these connections. IF it is what I think it is, I want to connect my cell phone and listen to Pandora radio through the bike's audio system - if possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Sep 26th, 2012, 5:05 pm

Re: Radio Question

There is a cable used with the 3 Series auto which will let you add an AUX input using the CD connection on the back of the radio. Be warned: it is a huge job requiring the removal of lots of bodywork to get the radio off the bike. Attaching the cable is pretty simple by comparison. It took me an entire weekend but I did get it to work. You will need an amplifier for your phone to boost the signal enough for it to be audible through the radio. I use a Boosteroo and it works quite well.
post #3 of 8 Old Sep 26th, 2012, 8:55 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

If they are on top of the dash mounted CD player (actually the radio system) then you have an intercom system. Anything plugged in here will only play through the head sets of the intercom and not the bike speakers.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 Old Sep 27th, 2012, 9:32 am

Hey guys, I am new to the forum. I just started riding again last week after a 12 year break. I just bought a 2002 K1200LT last week also. I didn't have a CD changer in mine so instead of getting a dice system, I just bought a CD changer off of Ebay. I thought it would just bolt right into the right compartment, due to the fact it is pre wired, unfortunately I was wrong. I am missing the lower bracket and it is the only part that didn't come with the CD changer. The foam, top bracket and CD changer are all perfect. Anyone have one of those brackets?
post #5 of 8 Old Sep 27th, 2012, 2:04 pm

I got one sitting in my garage. You want it ?

Don't waste a day wishing you rode!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

------------------------
2002 K1200 LTC
1984 kawasaki ZN700 LTD
post #6 of 8 Old Sep 28th, 2012, 6:45 pm

Is there a PDF version for the Intercom / CB unit sitting on top of my cassette player on a 99 K1200LT? Or can someone explain to me the controls I am looking at? Thanks
post #7 of 8 Old Oct 15th, 2012, 11:00 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by markc
There is a cable used with the 3 Series auto which will let you add an AUX input using the CD connection on the back of the radio. Be warned: it is a huge job requiring the removal of lots of bodywork to get the radio off the bike. Attaching the cable is pretty simple by comparison. It took me an entire weekend but I did get it to work. You will need an amplifier for your phone to boost the signal enough for it to be audible through the radio. I use a Boosteroo and it works quite well.
Markc,

All the connections are on the front of the radio. I finally figured out that with the purchase of a short cable from Wal-Mart ($6.88), I can plug into the phone into the CD player and listen to radio through the systems audio system.

Thanks for the response.
post #8 of 8 Old Oct 15th, 2012, 11:08 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester
Markc,

All the connections are on the front of the radio. I finally figured out that with the purchase of a short cable from Wal-Mart ($6.88), I can plug into the phone into the CD player and listen to radio through the systems audio system.

Thanks for the response.
Dukester, what short cable from Walmart? If you can listen to your phone's music through a plug in at the front of the CD player, that would be huge for a lot of the riders looking for an easy fix to this.

Rudy
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

'03 BMW K1200LT (a keeper)
'08 BMW F800ST (fun fun fun)
'99 BMW R1100RT (sold her!)
'84 Honda Magna V45 (nice while she lasted)
'80 Yamaha YZ125 (rest her soul)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in