Jensen Stereo Kit Only $99!!! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Aug 1st, 2012, 7:37 am Thread Starter

Jensen Stereo Kit Only $99!!!

After reading some threads on the forum today, I found out that Jensen has an older version of the JMS2212 -- it is the JMS2007 model. From what I can tell, the biggest difference is the wattage: 160 watts (JMS2007 model) vs 200 watts (JMS2212 model). And I am thinking that an extra 10 watts per channel (40 watts vs. 50 watts) isn't a big thing given our speaker quality/size/space.

The best part is this: The price is about $100 for the JMS2007; basically 50% off the price of the newer JMS2212 version. So if you are looking to replace your BMW radio like I am, this looks like a great buy.

Here is my question: Is the head unit the same size on both models? It looks like the commander is identical (although I need to call Jensen and ask them the specs on both of these units as the last thing I want to do is buy a head unit that is too big for the installation.).

Glenn

P.S. Kudos to BecketMA (Bob from Tucson) for finding this out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Aug 1st, 2012, 11:16 am

Re: Jensen Stereo Kit Only $99!!!

Can you link where you found these prices, My radio works but I am considering this mod to get an iPod interface.
post #3 of 4 Old Aug 1st, 2012, 12:20 pm

lots of refurbished ones on ebay for $89 and up.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying " I'll try again tomorrow".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 Old Aug 1st, 2012, 2:12 pm Thread Starter

OK, I just called Jensen Marine and here is the skinny on the MSR2007 and JMS2212:

1. The Jensen MSR2007 came out in 2007 (they also have a 2107 that came out in August of 2008).

2. The MSR2007 head unit is the same size as the JMS2212.

3. The MSR2007 unit only supports 10 models of ipods; the JMS2212 supports all ipods.

4. Both units require a special cable to connect your iPod (someone please let me know if this is true)

5. The MSR2007 does not have a USB port-- This USB port is meant to work with a 4GB jump drive.

6. Both units support SIRIUS Satellite Radio but the MSR2007 only works with the older connections (I am not a user so I am not too sure of the terminology on this)

7. The MSR2007 is 160 watts and the JMS2212 is 200 watts.

8. There might be some issues on "warranty" claims of the MSR2007 since they are so old -- the rep indicated that this is because of internet sales being what they are.

9. Both use RCA plugs for connections to other devices (please confirm if this is true for the JMS212).

From what I can tell the MSR2007 is a nice inexpensive radio:

Here is a link that lists one for $79 (remanufactured).

http://www.dockboxdeal.com/products/...remanufactured

e-bay List (search for Jensen MSR2007)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...2007+&_sacat=0

I hopes this write-up helps.

Glenn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in