BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Spark Plug Wires

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  PMitchell 
#1 ·
Has anybody tried the ones at beemerboneyard? Any problems?

#3 ·
Sheradan said:
Has anybody tried the ones at beemerboneyard? Any problems?
YES - I have ordered them from BeemerBoneyard last fall and installed them last MARCH. Everything works well and no behavor changes in the engine. I only changed them because my k1200RS was 10 years old and I could see some wear marks where the wires were rubbing (touching) the metal of the cylinder head.

The only caveat(s) to keep in mind are minors:
1) They are shorter and do NOT wrap around like the original do for plug #2 and #4. After 2,000 miles (3,300 KM) riding with the new ones, I have not seen any negative effect on power or fuel consumption. The resistance of the cap is equivalent (5 k) but the fact that some of the wires are shorter causes a minor difference in total resistance (cap + wire) for plug #2 and #4. At this point we are splitting hairs ;-)

2) A friend who ordered them directly from the source (http://www.euromotoelectrics.com/Ignition-Wire-Set-K1200-BMW-WSK1200-p/bmw-wsk1200.htm), said that the plug wire for the rear cylinder (#4) was a bit short. He got great service explaining the situation and got a longer replacement promptly.

3) The caps do not appear to be as robust, but are easier to pull out. I do not think this is a big issue unless you work like a gorilla.

The price is hard to beat (compare to the OEM).

#5 ·
If you order from the Boneyard use BMWMOA for a 10% discount. :dance:

I asked if there was a discount for this forum when I ordered pads and a rear disc and that was their answer. Got it again last week when I ordered pads for my K75. It usually covers the shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.