Alert! - Orange Electronics TPMS SYSTEM - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Jul 11th, 2012, 1:24 pm Thread Starter

Alert! - Orange Electronics TPMS SYSTEM

I just purchased an M202 Orange Electronics TPMS system from Two Cycle Guys. I also initially asked them to send the longer stem sensors as noted by others who have installed this system.

I received the system the other day and also phone callll from Connor over at Orange Electronics regarding my longer stem sensor request.

He informed me that Orange Electronics is dissolving in the US. The parent company is in Taiwan, and negotiations over a number of topics have broken down. I cannot provide anymore details at this time.

What this means is that warranty claims for their systems will no longer be honored and spare parts will not be available at least for the time being. There may be a possibility that the parent company might hookup with another US entity to sell and support this line of motorcycle TPMS systems. Only time will tell.

In the interim, they are selling off whatever inventory they have left. I was able to purchase the longer stem sensors ($25 ea.) plus a couple of extra in case the battery goes in the ones I am using. The nice thing about these sensors is that as long as they are inactive (with no air pressure applied to them), they will last in storage for awhile (like a watch battery does).

I would encourage those of you that have this system to consider purchasing extra sensors to have on hand.

Orange Electronics can be reached at (513) 831-8767 x-6. You will need to leave a message for Connor. 90 Days from now they will no longer be reachable in the USA.

Good Luck!

2005 BMW K1200LT Blue
BMWMOA #124788

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Predecessor:
1999 K1200LT (entered the BMW "organ donation program" on 6/2/11) 38,256 Miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Feb 21st, 2019, 3:54 pm

Re: Alert! - Orange Electronics TPMS SYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSMITH1 View Post
I just purchased an M202 Orange Electronics TPMS system from Two Cycle Guys. I also initially asked them to send the longer stem sensors as noted by others who have installed this system.

I received the system the other day and also phone callll from Connor over at Orange Electronics regarding my longer stem sensor request.

He informed me that Orange Electronics is dissolving in the US. The parent company is in Taiwan, and negotiations over a number of topics have broken down. I cannot provide anymore details at this time.

What this means is that warranty claims for their systems will no longer be honored and spare parts will not be available at least for the time being. There may be a possibility that the parent company might hookup with another US entity to sell and support this line of motorcycle TPMS systems. Only time will tell.

In the interim, they are selling off whatever inventory they have left. I was able to purchase the longer stem sensors ($25 ea.) plus a couple of extra in case the battery goes in the ones I am using. The nice thing about these sensors is that as long as they are inactive (with no air pressure applied to them), they will last in storage for awhile (like a watch battery does).

I would encourage those of you that have this system to consider purchasing extra sensors to have on hand.

Orange Electronics can be reached at (513) 831-8767 x-6. You will need to leave a message for Connor. 90 Days from now they will no longer be reachable in the USA.

Good Luck!

Bummer, I'm only 7 years late to the party...

----------------------------------------------------
BMW K1200LT 2007
BMW K1200R: "Drophammer" 2006
BMW R1200GS 2008
BMW K1200S 2007
Suzuki DR-Z400E 2000
Sachs MadAss FY125-20
BMW R1200R 2009 (in my stable, thinking about it...)

-----------------------------------------------------

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in