Number of LT's in South Africa - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jul 10th, 2012, 9:02 am Thread Starter

Number of LT's in South Africa

Iím the owner of a 1999 K1200LT for the last 10 month. It is the first bike I bought and also the first BIG bike I ride. I remember how shit scared I were the first time to get on the bike. Needles to say I dropped it in the first week, and only once after that. Both times at zero kmís per hour.

I want to know how many South African riders are out there because in the area I live, it seems to me I am the only one with a LT? I must say I am the envy of all the other motorbike riders around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jul 10th, 2012, 10:04 am

Re: Number of LT's in South Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by peschel
Iím the owner of a 1999 K1200LT for the last 10 month. It is the first bike I bought and also the first BIG bike I ride. I remember how shit scared I were the first time to get on the bike. Needles to say I dropped it in the first week, and only once after that. Both times at zero kmís per hour.

I want to know how many South African riders are out there because in the area I live, it seems to me I am the only one with a LT? I must say I am the envy of all the other motorbike riders around.
Welcome to the forum! I'm not from S. Africa but I have to tell you that your country is soooooo beautiful! It must very inspiring with all the beautiful places to ride your LT.

2002 BMW K1200 LT.....Bought 6/15/2012
post #3 of 9 Old Jul 10th, 2012, 1:29 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Lots of GS's as well!

Really enjoyed my visit a year ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P3010136.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	758.5 KB
ID:	35854   Click image for larger version

Name:	Train load.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	358.9 KB
ID:	35855   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4725.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	403.7 KB
ID:	35856   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tip of AfriKa.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	35857  

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 South Africa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #4 of 9 Old Jul 10th, 2012, 10:32 pm

Welcome to the forum--if you will do some digging in the Photography section, several years ago we had a forum member from South Africa that use to hang around quite a bit...he seemed like an interesting fellow...loved submitting his photos.

Also, you might want to read from the Halls of Wisdom under the technical banner at the top--a wealth of wisdom about your new to you LT. Happy Riding...

Wade

99 K-1200LT
82 Yamaha Virago (Girl of my youth)

"No one knows as much as all of us do." --General George Patton

post #5 of 9 Old Jul 11th, 2012, 1:13 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by peschel

Including yourself, there are approximately 95 forum members who live in South Africa. Not all of them are currently active here on the forums. And not all are LT riders - some ride other BMW models. In addition to yourself, there is one other member listed in George - however, his last forum activity was in 2008.
post #6 of 9 Old Jul 11th, 2012, 2:01 am Thread Starter

Thanks Dick and others for your reply. I follow this forum for quite a while now and learned such a lot from you gurus.

I will do as indicated by yourselfs.

If anyone of the LT owners come to my country, please contact me.
post #7 of 9 Old Jul 11th, 2012, 9:58 am

I'm from Bloemfontein and apart from mine, there are at least 3 other LT's in our group of friends who usually ride together.

Earlier this year during the Buffalo Rally in Mossel Bay, close to the OP's home town.

2009 BMW K1200LT (Black)
2009 BMW R1200RT (Silver) [Gone 03/12]

Last edited by 949BFN; Jul 11th, 2012 at 11:04 am.
post #8 of 9 Old Jan 24th, 2013, 4:25 am

Hi Peschel

I am also based in George but ride an R1100RT.

Greetings
Graeme

Graeme
2000 R1100RT
post #9 of 9 Old Jan 27th, 2013, 6:34 am

Hi

I call Strand home (About 40Km East of Cape Town) and ride a 2003 LT.

Zapman
Strand
South Africa

03 KL1200LT
"Keep the shiny side up and the rubber on the road"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in