Eureka Springs trip - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old May 25th, 2012, 10:01 pm Thread Starter

Eureka Springs trip

Leaving Tuesday For Eureka Springs Ark. Will be riding 2 lanes along Ark Mo border any suggestions on best roads or places to see. Most likely will stop in Branson Mo also. Leaving from Southern Indiana.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old May 26th, 2012, 7:48 am
cwo

Re: Eureka Springs trip

Lots of good riding around Kimberling City, MO. Check out the Cruise Inn Motel just outside of Kimberling City. Good, clean older motel that caters to motorcyclists. http://www.cruise-inns.com/

Life is ephemeral. Don't waste it lookin up big words.
post #3 of 9 Old May 26th, 2012, 8:27 am

Check your map and find hwy 76 which runs right through the middle of Branson and continues on through some of the most beautiful winding (heavy on the winding) roads you'll be able to ride on in southern Mo. I ride from Branson hwy 76 west to hwy 86 south which turns in to Arkansas 23 south straight into Eureka Springs. By the way I had to really shrink my windows map down to even be able to see hwy 86, but if you look for Eagle Rock Mo. you'll be able to pick it up. If you like beautiful country and the twisties you'll love this ride. Have fun be safe

08 BMW k1200lt
05 BMW K1200lt sold
01 Kawi 800 clasic my loud pipe bike
94 Hon RX 100cc going strong
91 Hon 750 gone
87 Suz 750 gone
76 Goldwing 1000 retired
71 Hon 750 long gone

Jesus said I give you a new command "Love one another as I have Loved you". John 13;34 niv

post #4 of 9 Old May 26th, 2012, 4:11 pm

Just about any road that runs thru Mark Twain National Forest is great. Even better if you can spend some time on some lettered roads in that area too. We always have fun on DD and P just out of Potosi, Mo. when we go down for the Gateway Riders rally in October.
post #5 of 9 Old May 26th, 2012, 5:14 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Just got back from there. Stay at the Cruise Inn if you have the chance. Ride AR 23 south into Ozark if you like twisties. It's also known as the Pig Eye Trail and is designated a scenic route. A word of caution: those 10 MPH curve signs are for REAL. You can fudge on the others. Do not attempt to fudge on the 10 MPH ones.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 Old May 28th, 2012, 9:57 am

Arkansas state route 123, Southeast of Jasper, AR (goes through Hasty and Mt. Judea) was my favorite road in that area after a few days of riding around there. AR 23 is great, but straight and boring compared to AR 123. Take AR 74 out of, or in to, Jasper.

Eureka Springs, Branson, and Table Rock Lake get all the attention, but are basically tourist traps. My wife likes' em, I dislike 'em. The roads south of Harrison, AR are narrower, curvier, and less crowded, and Harrison and Jasper are geared more to the Buffalo River than the tourist meccas North and West.

At the South end of this stretch of AR 123, you'll hit AR 16 which can take you West to AR 23. Where 16 hits 23 is mountains to the South and twisties to the North all the way to Eureka Springs.

AR 62 from Eureka Springs to Rogers is pretty good, too.
post #7 of 9 Old May 31st, 2012, 1:15 pm

Stop to stretch your legs at Roaring River State Park in SW MO, then take 90 from Washburn to Noel. Then any road south of there is good!

Lurch
'40 knucklehead chop
'00 LTC - Pacific Blue
--------------------------------
"As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way. - Jack Handy
post #8 of 9 Old May 31st, 2012, 8:09 pm
Gold Supporter

I'm not sure there are many bad roads in that area.
Just got back last week, took 125 south out of Springfield taking the ferry across Bull Shoals and then 7 down to Russellville, AR.

Great roads!

jrh

Jim H.
K1200LT '00 for Touring, '73 Norton for fun
post #9 of 9 Old May 31st, 2012, 8:41 pm

125 south out of Springfield to Peal's ( FREE ) daylight hrs only ferry is a must do ! I do that ride when ever the chance or excuse arrives .

Bob G

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in