On my long list, my Odyssey battery install is.... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old May 13th, 2012, 7:45 pm Thread Starter

On my long list, my Odyssey battery install is....

Done!

I'd have to say it is surprisingly harder to do than any battery install I've done before (and I'm including replacing the battery in my Audi which is a pain in the but). It took me about 1.5 hours all in.

You gotta space the battery up above the metal tabs on the battery tray, so I found some oak I had floating around and cut that up to the right size (thankfully the battery hold down bracket still fits without modification). Maybe with oak "parts" I can call my bike a classic??!!! I had to drill a hole in the negative cable terminal connector to get it attached to the K1200LT Odyssey connector kit. Once done, I do like the fact that I now have easily accessible spare terminals. I did notice that my remote key fob stopped working, but maybe 10 presses later it started working again.

After a throttle reset and a battery charge I'll be done, and then move on to the other 10 or so items I have on my list.

I also just finished replacing my Nav II and wiring in (and mounting, which took some Dremel work and some special spacers etc) my Zumo 660. It all works. Now on to my dice / iphone install and then moving my Starcom1 Advance intercom from my VTX to the LT. And after all that, an ABS and feed circuit bleed is needed, then the weep hole is last.

It's a good thing I have two bikes or I'd have PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome)!! I can't wait to have this all finished......

BMWMOA member

Current rides:
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic BMW K1200LT
2002 Pearl Orange Honda VTX1800 Retro

Prior rides:
Suzuki GS425E (Australia)
Suzuki T250R (Australia)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old May 13th, 2012, 7:51 pm

Re: On my long list, my Odyssey battery install is....

Wow!!
Go Go Go Go Go!

"You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him."
Leo Aikman

Remember folks, street lights timed for 35 mph are also timed for 70 mph. ~Jim Samuels

Current Love
2001 K1200LT Champagne (Roxy)

Previous loves...
2000 K1200LT Canyon Red (Suzie Q)
1986 Honda Interceptor Black (Weezy)
1999 K1200LT Graphite (Grey Goose)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in