2000 LT Tune up--WOW - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old May 7th, 2012, 11:27 am Thread Starter

2000 LT Tune up--WOW

I finally finished a re-do on my 2000 LT. New brake lines(Spiegler), new fuel filter and re-oil the K&N air filter. Valve check, new plugs, new front tire (BADLY cupped 'Stone after 4500 miles), and running wires for a soon to be installed CB. I also installed a new shifter linkage, and lubed the throttle cables. Lastly, I modded the wiring and installed a Ford solenoid to help the starter relay last a -while longer .(thanks JT !)
WOW !!! What a different machine I now have. It is much smoother, and pulls with excellent torque,as well as shifting like butter. No more missed upshifts into second now.
All I can say is it is amazing what a little TLC will do for these bikes. Lotta work, but well worth it.

One question. I have a Midland 820 CB ,and after reading and searching, I am still confused as to HOW to wire up the CB. I have power, but how do I intergrate into the intercom ??? I found the "Funk/CB" plug, as well as the two wire push to talk wires. Can I hook into the aux. plugs above the cassette, or do I need an adaptor cable to go into the multi-connector on the bike labeled "CB". ??????

signed, Confused and Clueless. ............

Last edited by wolfflow; May 7th, 2012 at 1:42 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old May 7th, 2012, 8:15 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: 2000 LT Tune up--WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfflow
I finally finished a re-do on my 2000 LT. New brake lines(Spiegler), new fuel filter and re-oil the K&N air filter. Valve check, new plugs, new front tire (BADLY cupped 'Stone after 4500 miles), and running wires for a soon to be installed CB. I also installed a new shifter linkage, and lubed the throttle cables. Lastly, I modded the wiring and installed a Ford solenoid to help the starter relay last a -while longer .(thanks JT !)
WOW !!! What a different machine I now have. It is much smoother, and pulls with excellent torque,as well as shifting like butter. No more missed upshifts into second now.
All I can say is it is amazing what a little TLC will do for these bikes. Lotta work, but well worth it.

One question. I have a Midland 820 CB ,and after reading and searching, I am still confused as to HOW to wire up the CB. I have power, but how do I intergrate into the intercom ??? I found the "Funk/CB" plug, as well as the two wire push to talk wires. Can I hook into the aux. plugs above the cassette, or do I need an adaptor cable to go into the multi-connector on the bike labeled "CB". ??????

signed, Confused and Clueless. ............
Now just get that K&N filter out of there and replace it with a proper paper element filter and your LT will live long and prosper!

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in