Problem with Battery change on 2003 alarm fob - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Apr 28th, 2012, 7:02 am Thread Starter

Unhappy Problem with Battery change on 2003 alarm fob

My alarm fob began to act intermittently, light staying on at times and sometimes not operating the alarm. I decided to change the battery. Installed new battery within seconds of removing old one but now the fob will not control the alarm although it now responds correctly. The led on remote flashes as normal but alarm does not activate. Is there a procedure to reactivate the fob without having to recode both fobs? My spare remote works perfectly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Apr 28th, 2012, 7:11 am Thread Starter

Smile Re: Problem with Battery change on 2003 alarm fob

[QUOTE=cluainsi]My alarm fob began to act intermittently, light staying on at times and sometimes not operating the alarm. I decided to change the battery. Installed new battery within seconds of removing old one but now the fob will not control the alarm although it now responds correctly. The led on remote flashes as normal but alarm does not activate. Is there a procedure to reactivate the fob without having to recode both fobs? My spare remote works perfectly.[/QUOTE

Update
I decided to try by holding both buttons on remote until led stops flashing, ( near the bike), then release both buttons, led comes on continuously then press A button and led goes out. Having done this the remote now activates and deactivates the alarm correctly.

Hope this helps somebody else.
Regards

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in