2003 Alarm system - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Mar 21st, 2006, 8:57 am Thread Starter

2003 Alarm system

I have purchased a used 03 K1200LTE, I did not get the manuals with this bike so I don't know the functions or the proper uses of the alarm system. It is turned off now and I haven't tried to use it in fear of setting it off and not knowing how to shut it off. I have been told their is different setting for it. So would someone explain or copy the correct manual for this year bike and e-mail it to me. Thanks

beemerjohn
Arlin (John) Johnson
Pocahontas, IA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 R1200RT Biarritz Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Mar 21st, 2006, 9:21 am
TMH

John,

Congrats on the new bike. Doing a quick search of this site I found a couple of posts which might help you (like they helped me!):

For the alarm manual check here:
http://www.bmwlt.net/ubbthreads/show...=&view=&sb=&o=

For information how to re-program the modes/features of the alarm look here:
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4306

Good luck,
Tom

2009 R1200GS-ADV
2005.5 KTM Adventure 950
post #3 of 4 Old Mar 21st, 2006, 12:42 pm
Enthusiast - KI6CDF

Lightbulb I have an '03 LTE...

John,

I've got a 2003 LTE. So, if you need some specifics on the manuals let me know. I could probably scan them and send you a PDF file.

Tom

Tom Becker
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270

2003 Titan Silver LTE "Cantabile"
2001 Black R 1150 GS

BMWMOA
AMA
IBA (SS1000, B2B-36)

KI6CDF

post #4 of 4 Old Jul 28th, 2007, 12:47 pm

Do I understand this correctly?

I have a 2003 K12LT purchased privately. I do have the alarm manual and two fobs. The seller did not give me the code card; I have not been able to find the sticky strip with the encoded code; I am not yet ready to pull the trunk to get to the embossed encoded code on the alarm body.

The indicator on the bike is always a solid red (a condition not described in the manual) when I turn on the key and then after the bike is running.

I've been reluctant to mess with the fobs/alarm system because I don't have the codes; it's not been a problem to this point (4000 miles since purchase).
But I have this nightmare wherein something activates the alarm/immobilizer and I don't know what to do next.

I am SUSPECTING (from what I read on all the posts I could find here) that the alarm system has been reprogrammed to the B mode with both the Alarm and the Immobilizer set to "off." Is that a valid inference?

I ask the question because, according to the manual (p.15, discussing operation in the B mode) the LED on the bike is extinguished when the immobilizer/alarm is deactivated; my control LED is always on.

And then the dumber question is perhaps this: if the immobilizer had been on and the bike had been immobilized (because someone/something triggered it) would simply pressing on the left-hand button deactivate the immobilizer and allow the bike to be started and run?

BTW, if I ever teach another Tech Writing class, I'd use the alarm pamphlet as a good example of a failure...

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in