BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

LT sold

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  srpuywa 
#1 ·
Sold the 05 LT yesterday, there must be a demand for them, it was on Craig's list for only 2 weeks. Today I stopped by the dealer and picked up a 09 R1200 GS ADV.

Only had the LT for 6 months, didn't fit me like a GS does.

#4 ·
Greetings ..srp...

Well done, those big GS1200's are real beasts. I began my motorcycling on trail bikes and I've always yearned for another soft roader like the big GS. I envy your decision and hope you find many, many fine tracks and trails to explore. Go for it...

Cheers and kindest regards

Paul Harrington
AU

#5 ·
I hope I have the same luck as you. I posted my '04 on CL last week. So far only one call.

#6 ·
I've owned several GSs, a couple RSs and a couple St1300 (first now was totaled in a month when I hit a left turner who was waved across. I probably could make the LT work but the GS/ADV had my name all over it...and it still has11 months of warranty left on it.

#7 ·
Congrats on the sale and getting what you feel is a good price.

Even better, you got a bike that speaks to you. Does not matter WHAT you ride, just THAT you ride. Enjoy!

#8 ·
I placed a CL ad in the same area about a month ago. 2009 w/14,500 miles and a bunch of extras for $14,900. One low ball offer of 12K sight unseen. I passed.. I thought I wanted a toy hauler travel trailer with some new toys and something had to go. In the meantime we had real nice Sunday and I went for a long ride and decided to not do anything for another season or two or ?

#9 ·
srpuywa said:
Sold the 05 LT yesterday, there must be a demand for them, it was on Craig's list for only 2 weeks. Today I stopped by the dealer and picked up a 09 R1200 GS ADV.

Only had the LT for 6 months, didn't fit me like a GS does.

I had an LT, tried a '09 GSA for three months and went back to an LT just last month.

different strokes for different folks

#11 ·
ez_rdr55 said:
I hope I have the same luck as you. I posted my '04 on CL last week. So far only one call.

My LT just sold too. The first guy to come look at it gave me a deposit and is coming back this evening with the balance. I have mixed feelings about this sale, but I'm now down to six bikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.