Multivex Rear View Mirror - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Mar 20th, 2006, 9:39 am Thread Starter

Multivex Rear View Mirror

Anyone out there have any experience with "MULTIVEX MIRRORS"? A friend of mine added these to his '06 Gold Wing and says their absolutely the best thing since sliced bread. This mirror is a complex shape, convex at the outside edge, that supposedly eliminates all blind spots. It is glass and is attached to the OEM mirror with adhesive. It's the same size and shape as the OEM mirror. They also claim that it will not interfere with signal lights that are installed in the OEM mirrors. Your can read about them at
http://www.multivexmirror.com/index.html . Unfortunately they do not currently offer a mirror for the K1200 LT. I have contacted them about supplying a product for our bikes and they want a $90 tooling fee up front to build the molds and build the product. Not sure at this point if that includes a pair of mirrors or not. If there is enough interest among us I'll get back to them and and attempt to negotiate a discount, group purchase of something of that nature. Let me know if you think this is something that you might be interested in.

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'99 Canyon Red RETIRED AT 93,000 MI
'05 GRAPHITE METALLIC retired at 87,000 MI
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold
'85 K100/EML sidecar sold
'11 R1200RT currently being enjoyed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Mar 20th, 2006, 10:13 am
TMH

I tried the Multivex mirrors on my K1200GT while I had it. The mirrors on that bike (for me) were awful (handlebar mounted). First I changed out the little round headed ones with rectangular headed ones from a K1200RS. Better, but still mostly a view or my own elbows and shoulders.

So I was kind of faced with 2 choices: Install some fairing mounted mirrors (costly and labor intensive) or try the Multivex's. I went with the latter.

Would I do it again? Probably not. Instead I sold the bike! But in all honesty I didn't see that much of a difference/benefit from the Multivex mirrors.

Plus I'm one of those seemingly odd folks who actually LIKES the mirrors on my K12LT. Maybe it comes from spending a lot of time on my R-RT, which has mirrors in a similar place albeit smaller ones. I think that they are much more effective and convenient as compared with handlebar mounted mirrors, and I haven't yet found that they need any type of "upgrading". Of course I always do a head turn before changing lanes anyway.

Tom

2009 R1200GS-ADV
2005.5 KTM Adventure 950
post #3 of 4 Old Mar 20th, 2006, 11:33 am

Those are GREAT! I saw them in a display in the Detroit airport over 20 years ago, ordered a set for my Toyota truck, and LOVED THEM! I still have that truck, a 1982 model, but one of the MultiVex mirrors became separated from it's backing and fell off. The other one is still on it to this day, as I had pulled it free from it's backing and siliconed it back on after the other one fell off.

They do exactly as advertised, give you a wide view, but with the inner portion of the mirror more normal view. Sounds strange, but it works exceedingly well.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.

post #4 of 4 Old Mar 20th, 2006, 4:00 pm

I just put a pair on last weekend. There is some getting used to. On the freeway, the extra visibility causes me to err more on the side of caution as I think I see something coming and need a second take to realize it's a safe distance back. That is a good thing, I guess. If you don't do freeways that often, I'd think the distortion would be annoying. Definitely brings more into view.

Rich S~

'06 Ocean Blue Metallic LT (mine)
'15 Grey 328d (ours)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in