cam chain guide pin sticking? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Mar 12th, 2012, 7:26 pm Thread Starter

cam chain guide pin sticking?

I'm only guessing that this topic has not been covered...yet. As I had previously posted, I had the pleasure of replacing the clutch a few weeks ago, drilled out the weeping hole etc..etc..etc.. Got the 2005 LT back together and have since noticed a rattling noise coming from the bellows of the beast. I have since removed the exhaust once again and replaced the gaskets. (couldn't even find the originals but I was not the first owner) I had the stethoscope on today and if my calculations are correct???? the source is coming from the cam chain tensioner pad area. Is it possible when I adjusted the valves last summer (and rotated the engine backwards) I could have caused problems inside where the guide pin travels? Is there a check valve or any other devise that could get sticky? Is anyone aware of any tricks of the trade to free this up without total disassembly ,if that is what I am into?

K1200 LT 2005

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in