WooHoo, the Mistress has awakened! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old Mar 11th, 2012, 10:30 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

WooHoo, the Mistress has awakened!

Although it's 45 deg F. right now, it will be climbing to the low 60's later today, I disconnected the battery tender, her blanket, removed the obstruction to the air box (John, AlaskaFish, remember the rodent stash of bird seed in the box at Lake of the Ozarks wrench day?) and pushed her "magic" button and she awoke from her winter's sleep with no hesitation!

WooHoo! Today I ride!

I love her sooo much! (Don't tell Linda though. It's our secret, but then again we all enjoy the ménage à trois during the riding season.)

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 South Africa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

2019 Maritime Provinces of Canada & New England 3,500 miles

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

Last edited by PMitchell; Mar 11th, 2012 at 10:37 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old Mar 11th, 2012, 10:35 am

Re: WooHoo, the Mistress has awakened!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMitchell
removed the obstruction to the air box
Thanks to heartless bastages like you, there are homeless little mice families all around our great nation...

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

-
post #3 of 18 Old Mar 11th, 2012, 10:38 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallzee
Thanks to heartless bastages like you, there are homeless little mice families all around our great nation...
Yep, lot's of orphans in this neighborhood with the plethora of traps I set over the "cooler" months!

pm
--
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
Sold in '67

post #4 of 18 Old Mar 11th, 2012, 12:53 pm

I too fired mine up for our first run. Lit right off and ran like a champ. Lots of gravel on the roads here, but still good to get out on her. Even the tire pressure was still up. Must'a been a good winter. Hoping for a good riding season.
Ain't it grand?
post #5 of 18 Old Mar 11th, 2012, 2:30 pm

Talking Re: WooHoo, the Mistress has awakened!

Yes I do Paul! What a sight that was! Sounds like you have taken measures to prevent a reoccurrence since then. Some of us have managed to get the old girl out at least once a month throughout the winter and keep the fuel refreshed, which is a good thing.

See you in Duluth!

John
Quote:
Although it's 45 deg F. right now, it will be climbing to the low 60's later today, I disconnected the battery tender, her blanket, removed the obstruction to the air box (John, AlaskaFish, remember the rodent stash of bird seed in the box at Lake of the Ozarks wrench day?) and pushed her "magic" button and she awoke from her winter's sleep with no hesitation!

WooHoo! Today I ride!

I love her sooo much! (Don't tell Linda though. It's our secret, but then again we all enjoy the ménage à trois during the riding season.)

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #6 of 18 Old Mar 11th, 2012, 2:39 pm

Put my new to me Corbin seat on my bike yesterday and with temps in the high 60's, took her out for a ride to see how the seat would feel.
It's going to be a good year for riding. My butt likes the new seat. The bike runs smooth and true. Perfect.

Jeff

2007 K1200LT Black
1971 Piper Cherokee 180
1975 Honda 250 Enduro
1968 Yamaha 250
1968 Honda 90
post #7 of 18 Old Mar 12th, 2012, 8:22 am

The wife and I took a ride yesterday too. A nice 200 mi ride to break in our new communicators. The bike and the communicators worked great. It's a beautiful day to be alive!

Before we bought the LT late last fall, our typical ride didn't exceed 60-90 minutes. This one was just shy of 3 hours and we were doing great.

Just Ride
post #8 of 18 Old Mar 12th, 2012, 9:56 am

Quote:

WooHoo! Today I ride!

Me too, it was in the low to mid 60's up here yesterday and I went for an 80 mile ride. On the side of one of the roads close to my house I passed 2 snowmobiles. Just down the hwy on one of the small lakes a few people were still getting in some ice fishing.

Cmon on spring!!!

David Hogerheide

2015 K1600GTL

2009 K1200LT (traded for GTL)
1984 Kawasaki Spectre: long gone
BMWMOA# 163123
BMWRA member
AMA member
Saddle sore 1000 Sept 2011
Bun Burner 1500 Sept 2011

CCR 2012 Duluth, MN
CCR 2014 Chattanooga, TN

post #9 of 18 Old Mar 12th, 2012, 10:17 am

Yes Sunday Ride day!!

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.
post #10 of 18 Old Mar 12th, 2012, 11:31 am

Congrats, Paul. Ain't it great?

We hit 70 in our area yesterday, and (except for some rain) it's going to be similar temps all week. Lovin' it.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #11 of 18 Old Mar 12th, 2012, 12:00 pm

I had many days of riding this winter thanks to clean roads in the NE corner of PA. I went out yesterday in the 60 degree temps to wave at all the fair weather riders.

I've gotten so used to riding in temps below freezing that I actually felt hot in my heavy riding jacket, even with the liner out and vents open. I was wishing I had worn my mesh jacket instead.
post #12 of 18 Old Mar 12th, 2012, 1:11 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

It reached 71 deg. on the on-board computer temperature yesterday and I was out "shooting" pics of local community signage for the annual Beemer Club competition. I racked up 21 points.

Rules are that the bike must also be in the photo so I took two (one through the windscreen to prove I was on The Mistress) since parking on a two lane country road is often dicey.

btw, the village of "Novelty, OH" does not exist but has a USPO.

I also like old barns. Look great when you print in B&W.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0107.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	34545   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0108.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	34546   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0109.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	34547   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0110.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	208.6 KB
ID:	34548   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0127.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	34549  

Name:	DSCN0128.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	34550   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0129.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	34551   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0105.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	34552   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0102.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	34553  

pm
--
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2016 Spain & Portugal

'18 R1200RTW
Sold in '67

post #13 of 18 Old Mar 12th, 2012, 1:19 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

It was also the first meeting of the year for "The Bridge Club". Some of these guys actually trailer these bikes to a local parking lot and then bring their chromed machines to the bridge for coffee at the local Starbucks for "meet & greets" and admiration by the local visitors to the village. The Goldwinger & Can-Amer were also polishing their machines.

My Mistress hasn't had her bath yet so that she won't catch cold.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN0099.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	34554   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0131.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	34555   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0130.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	34556  

pm
--
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2016 Spain & Portugal

'18 R1200RTW
Sold in '67

post #14 of 18 Old Mar 12th, 2012, 1:32 pm

Quote:
It was also the first meeting of the year for "The Bridge Club". Some of these guys actually trailer these bikes to a local parking lot and then bring their chromed machines to the bridge for coffee at the local Starbucks for "meet & greets" and admiration by the local visitors to the village. The Goldwinger & Can-Amer were also polishing their machines.
All I can say is... nice bridge! All that shininess makes it hard to see it clearly, though. At least the trailers are not blocking the view of the bridge, too!

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #15 of 18 Old Mar 12th, 2012, 1:47 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by amindtat
I had many days of riding this winter thanks to clean roads in the NE corner of PA. I went out yesterday in the 60 degree temps to wave at all the fair weather riders.

I've gotten so used to riding in temps below freezing that I actually felt hot in my heavy riding jacket, even with the liner out and vents open. I was wishing I had worn my mesh jacket instead.
Tell me about it. Stopped by the UPS store this weekend. 'Lady' behind the counter asked what I rode. Since my answer wasn't "Harley Davidson", she scoffed, mentioned something about there only being one real motorcycle. I stated I was not the kind to dress up like a pirate.

That voice in your head that comes up with witty retorts days later just told me I should have asked her if she'd rode 1800 miles since December...I have.

------------------------
05 LT - Blue
03 VTX 1300s - fun while it lasted, sucked in the cold.
post #16 of 18 Old Mar 12th, 2012, 2:27 pm

Quote:

Kinky, much to my chagrin!

40th annual high school re-onion coming up this summer... been 20 years since I've been back.

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #17 of 18 Old Mar 12th, 2012, 2:32 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
Kinky, much to my chagrin!

40th annual high school re-onion coming up this summer... been 20 years since I've been back.
Ron,
Bring your balloon. The reunions are always at The Blossom Time Festival!

Had a landing a few years ago on our cul-de-sac.

pm
--
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2016 Spain & Portugal

'18 R1200RTW
Sold in '67

post #18 of 18 Old Mar 12th, 2012, 3:39 pm

79 and sony here today. About to run some errands with my little Princess. Me thinks we will take the LT!

So, what happened to Old Man Winter, and why did he not come to North Texas this year???

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in