I have trolled the forum and I believe I have a small load which is draining the battery over time but wanted to see if I am missing something. Below are the facts since I have owned the bike:
- 2002 K1200LT (owned less then a year),
- Live in northern VA (DC area),
- Commute near daily on the bike, 30 miles each way,
- Have a 10 month old Enersys PC680 (Odyssey) battery,
- On occasion, I would notice it strain when starting after sitting for a couple days, but it always fired up,
- Commute change, and now down to about 20 miles each way,
- On occasion, give a slow turn over after sitting for the weekend / couple days,
- Cold weather and holidays hit and it sat around for about two weeks,
- Bike would not start (clicking and servers actuating but no turn over),
- Battery reading 12.4v,
- Charged the battery (not exceeding 15amps per manufacture instruction),
- Bike fires up and all is well,
- 2 plus months go by and this week I notice it is starting to "strain" when starting,
- Almost did not turn over at work tonight...fortunately it did
- Get home tonight, test the battery and after the 20 mile ride it is hovering around 12.5v.
Safe to assume there is a load someplace that is draining the battery or is it possible my commute is not long enough to properly charge the system?
For the past five months I have on occasion used the heated seat and grips, but no other heated great (really mild winter). Would the cold weather be the cause of shortening the draining cycle?
Any way to address this other then a volt meter and chasing phantom loads?