odyssey pc680 battery - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 1:22 pm Thread Starter

odyssey pc680 battery

Does the Odyssey pc680 need any special fittings to replace the original battery on the '05 K1200LT ? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 1:31 pm

Re: odyssey pc680 battery

Mine came with copper L brackets to make room for the 07 K1200 LT cables. The battery si a bit smaller and you may need to find a small piece of wood to put underneath it so the battery tie down fits. That was all I did, and its been there for almost 2 years.

You might want to talk to the folks where you are getting the battery from and make sure it still ships with hit. I ordered mine on a web page and order the copper offsets with it. They called me the next day to make sure I knew the battery came with a pair and took the extras right off the order.

The good things are that you will never see acid spills and the BMW charger seem to like it every bit as much as it did the Gel battery that came with the bike.

Bill

wild bil
07 K1200LT Biarritz Blau
80 Yamaha XS850 Black - retired in 06
post #3 of 7 Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 2:01 pm
Lifetime Supporter

I just got one from Amazon @$114 fulfilled by Amazon... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...01_i00_details
Mine fit perfect in my 2002 and the top bracket to hold it in place snugged up just fine. The L fittings that came with it worked well. On my stock battery the Positive terminal had an extra fitting on it so you could mount the positive cable from the top vs. the side like the negative. This fitting was a bit two narrow to fit around the L fittings that came with the pc680, so I took the copper fitting that came with the battery to the bench grinder and narrowed it down so I could use the fitting that was on the old battery to do the top mount of the positive lines.. This wasn't necessary though I could have mounted the positive lines from the side as well on the standard fitting...

I had also purchased the K1200LT adapter kit I found on Amazon.. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details
But it really seemed like more trouble than it was worth so I didn't end up using it just the stock L brackets.

-Preston
02 K1200 LTC | 94 K75 RT | '02 R1150 GS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 8:34 pm

Replaced my 2007 original with a PC680 last year. Same good results and didn't use adapter kit. My BMW charger seems to operate exactly the same with the Odyssey as the OEM battery! Might be a little more costly than some, but I don't want to push her around so it was worth the piece of mind.
post #5 of 7 Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 9:23 pm

Mine did not come with the L brackets so I just bent my connectors back to almost flat and that worked fine.

Just Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.
post #6 of 7 Old Mar 4th, 2012, 5:27 am

Yes, if you want to do a proper job. Just my opinion.
post #7 of 7 Old Mar 4th, 2012, 9:11 am
Lifetime Supporter

I just installed one and I cut the head off a stainless 1/4x 20 (I think) bolt to make an adapter for the positive side. Thread the bolt into the OE battery fitting and then lock it down with a nut. That will shim the cable fittings up high enough that you don't need to bend them. Put a second nut on top and torque it down. Done, and it will never corrode or rust. On mine the negative side bolted right up using the brass "L" adapter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in