On the way from 2-3 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Mar 1st, 2012, 7:15 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Garage
On the way from 2-3

I've finally taken the first step for converting my '06 KLT to a Hannigan Trike today. Placed an order deposit with ACE Motorworks in NJ and at last I'm on the list for 3 wheels. Been contemplating this for a long time but now have pulled the trigger. Unfortunately delivery of parts is not expected until the end of May and then another week after that for conversion. But this way I can still ride it on 2 wheels until then and have the trike for peak riding season. ACE happened to have a Hannigan/KLT conversion in their shop when we visited them a few days ago and I think my spouse was more excited than me when she saw how nice it was up close. The KLT has always been a great machine on 2 tires when riding solo and even with the SO on board. But when fully loaded I'm finding it just a little more difficult, at slower speeds of course, with each passing year. I'll still stay proficient on 2 wheels with the other ponies in the barn but for long distance runs the trike will take preference. I'll have some parts left over after the changeover i.e. rear drive, rear wheel and tire hydraulic center stand, side cases etc. and will post them on this site first if anyone may be interested and then probably use FleaBay after. I'll keep you posted..............Rob

Rob Sprague
Vineland, NJ
2009 BMW R1200RT Metallic Black
2006 BMW K1200LT/2012 Hannigan Trike Magnesium Black
2004 BMW K1200GT Orient Blue

"Money talks...but all mine ever says is good-bye."

"We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts
not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert
the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in