Shock party - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Feb 24th, 2012, 12:16 am Thread Starter

Shock party

Ok so I think I'm going to buy a set of shocks for the LT with part of my tax return. I haven't decided which brand or from where yet. What I want to know it if there's anyone in the Reno, Nv. area that has done it that might like to get together and guild me. Will provide food and drink of course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Feb 24th, 2012, 11:22 am

Re: Shock party

Just did mine not to long ago, if you can't find a tech session to help out drop a line I have some time saving tip's that I learned along the way its an involved process the first time you do it.

Regards

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #3 of 3 Old Feb 25th, 2012, 8:47 am

Talking Re: Shock party

The Clymer manual walked me through it w/o a hitch. It even has a few pics.
It's not rocket science in my opinion.

Now as to which shock to choose is another thread.

Good luck.

====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
04 Honda Reflex.....Hers (it mostly sits)
Converted HD rider.
Love this LT bike and still waiting for my first speeding ticket. LOL
Vern

=====

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in