05 lt and i just found site - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Mar 18th, 2006, 11:26 pm Thread Starter

Smile 05 lt and i just found site

I can't believe it has taken me this long to find this site guess i did'nt look to hard.My 05 is terriable i have been in the shop so much i think they ride it more than i do.The center stand been in like 5-6 times and still is weak. You ask well that sounds like a lemon thing sure does but when the dealer will only give you 12000 for her it starts to look pretty good sitting there. I really do love the bike and would get another but this one here is sad sorry bmw you sent out a lemon. I love this site it is full of wonderful item to read .The people here seem real nice to I look forward to reading lots of items. By the way I'll share a secret with you when i travel i just started listing to audio books they make the miles just go on by load the cd tray and all of a sudden damn i need gas and it is like 4-5 hours gone by.jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Mar 19th, 2006, 4:13 am

Hi Jim,

Where do you live? Please fill in the details in your profile, at the moment we don't even know what country you live in......

Daz

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway…..

Black (03) LT
Matching Uni-Go
Ulysses Member 30740

Growing Old Disgracefully.....
post #3 of 13 Old Mar 20th, 2006, 7:27 pm Thread Starter

Oh geez sorry did not even know there was a profile think i have everything under stood now . By the way I am not slamming on the bike I really do lve the lt. just had promblems with her

Jim Giordano
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 13 Old Mar 20th, 2006, 8:12 pm

Fellow LT Rider

Jim:

I see that you are a fellow Wake County rider. I have a 2003 LT and live in Garner. Are you familiar with the local BMW riders group, the Tarheel Travelers. If not, take a look at their site:

http://www.tarheelbmw.org/

I am sorry you are having trouble with the LT. Fortunately, I've had good luck with mine. Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Tom

2003 K1200LT Titan Silver - The Great Escape
post #5 of 13 Old Mar 21st, 2006, 12:28 pm

The reason that you haven't had any problems is becuase you have the best year and color
post #6 of 13 Old Mar 21st, 2006, 1:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoss
Jim:

I see that you are a fellow Wake County rider. I have a 2003 LT and live in Garner. Are you familiar with the local BMW riders group, the Tarheel Travelers. If not, take a look at their site:

http://www.tarheelbmw.org/

I am sorry you are having trouble with the LT. Fortunately, I've had good luck with mine. Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Tom
Small world .... I bought my LT from Power-Sports in Garner. It was a trade in with low miles and a buddy is friends with the manager there.

Regarding the issues with the '05 LT .... there are some really good dealers in NC .... I know the Greensboro guys are good and owned by the same owners as Capital ... I just do not know how Capital's Service is. I feel blessed with the dealers I have access to in NC.

Luckily my '05 LT has been great !!

Ed Apelian
All it takes is an open road and an open mind!

'16 R1200RT - Platinum Bronze Metallic
'18 R1200GS - Light White

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When life throws you a curve ...lean into it!
post #7 of 13 Old Mar 21st, 2006, 1:33 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by giordiver
.........................................By the way I'll share a secret with you when i travel i just started listing to audio books they make the miles just go on by load the cd tray and all of a sudden damn i need gas and it is like 4-5 hours gone by.jim
Sounds dangerous Jim!!!! Be careful out there.
post #8 of 13 Old Mar 21st, 2006, 1:43 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Wink

My '05 LT "Ophelia" has 12,000 and no issues at all. Also, bought her at Capitol BMW plus had an '04 R12CLC(RIP) from there and the service has been the best. Their folks in Greensboro and Wilmington, NC are also first rate. Jon is the Service Mgr. at Capitol and will be glad to have Scott or Jason sort out your problems and he will give you a full explaination of what was wrong.

Benton Blalock
"I ride.....the bike doesn't"

'18 Honda Africa Twin Adventure SportDCT
'12 Kawi KLR 650 "Dirty" - traded in
'08 LT Black "Fireball" 113,000+ miles(RIP- transmission - may be seen on the road again)
'05 LT Yeller er Gold? "Ophelia"(RIP- fire) 80,000 miles
'04 R12CLC (RIP- hurricane) 36,000 miles
230,000+ BMW miles
'Rounder'
post #9 of 13 Old Mar 21st, 2006, 11:38 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSinNC
Small world .... I bought my LT from Power-Sports in Garner. It was a trade in with low miles and a buddy is friends with the manager there.

Regarding the issues with the '05 LT .... there are some really good dealers in NC .... I know the Greensboro guys are good and owned by the same owners as Capital ... I just do not know how Capital's Service is. I feel blessed with the dealers I have access to in NC.

Luckily my '05 LT has been great !!
I have been very pleased with the service at Capitol. Jon Ross is the service manager and he always takes time to explain stuff. Of course, as with any BMW dealer, you pay for the service. I have no complaints with the service at Capitol.

post #10 of 13 Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 1:58 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoss
I have been very pleased with the service at Capitol. Jon Ross is the service manager and he always takes time to explain stuff. Of course, as with any BMW dealer, you pay for the service. I have no complaints with the service at Capitol.
I have found that you pay a bit more for service at BMW dealers but you get a much quality of service and "customer" service than at many other metric multi-brand dealers. Glad to hear Capital is keeping up the quality that Greensboro has. We in the Tarheal state are pretty lucky! Charlotte BMW is excellent as well and I am very pleased .... and only 9 miles from my house.

Ed Apelian
All it takes is an open road and an open mind!

'16 R1200RT - Platinum Bronze Metallic
'18 R1200GS - Light White

When life throws you a curve ...lean into it!
post #11 of 13 Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 7:24 pm Thread Starter

Yes I agree jon is the best when it comes to looking at my promblem.He has really helped turn it around a lot of times but than he gets stuck waiting on parts no fault of his .I think alot of people don't understand the part issue and get real mad. As for the lt I guess well just keep riding and trying going up to bobs bmw in md this weekend see what goodies i can find . Will see what breaks this time And i never knew we had a rider group here in ral area. I bet you guys want to know my secret riding spot full of twisties huh.

Jim Giordano
post #12 of 13 Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 11:05 pm

April 15 Open House: Morton's

I am planning a day ride to Morton's BMW in Fredricksburg for their Open House on April 15. Looks like fun and free BBQ. What could be better. Probably going to take US 1 rather than I-85/I-95. It will probably add an hour or more to the trip up and I'd call that a perk.

http://www.mortonsbmw.com/

post #13 of 13 Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 3:44 pm Thread Starter

wish i could that weekend but got plans one is a long ride but pretty

Jim Giordano

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in