First time for Slime! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Feb 18th, 2012, 3:22 pm Thread Starter

First time for Slime!

Just wanted to share my Slime experience today. I rode my bike to work yesterday morning, didn't notice anything too much out of the ordinary in handling, although I had been thinking I might need new shocks...Later that morning, I pulled the bike out of the ambulance bay where I park it while at work (keeps it shiney) and washed some of the road grime off the lower part, and wheels. While out on the tarmac, my partner (work, not life) noticed my rear tire appeared low. I brought the bike inside, then we got real busy for the rest of the day. So this morning I had an opportunity to check the tire. At first I thought the tire gauge was broken because it didn't register anything, then I checked the ambulance tire with it...yup, 80psi..it's working, I realized the bike tire must be really empty..interestingly enough even with no pressure the tire look round...(except for that kind of flatter spot on the bottom ) I dug around in my right saddlebag for that little air compressor I bought at Walmart a couple of years ago...Yea, the Slime compressor...It is a dinky little thing, I bought it and a slime tire repair kit, figured it would come in handy if I ever got a flat in the middle of nowhere...I unpacked it, and it was pretty small out of the zippered pouch, but it has an LED light on it, and a pressure gauge. I screwed it on to the valve, and it registered 10psi...Whoa! I hooked up the cigarette lighter plug to the socked I installed under the seat, and figured I would have to come back in a couple of hours to see if it had pumped the tire up yet....on the package it said it will pump up a car tire in 14 minutes....yea right...that little thing?? Well in 7 minutes my tire pressure was 48psi..WOW! I am impressed!! It is so small, and yet works so well I wanted to share. I did find a tiny piece of metal in the tire like maybe a small nail or something, and it is leaking slowly, and I am going to get it fixed as that tire only has about 1200 miles on it.. I am including a photo of it in the right bag next to the CD player just to illustrate the compact size of the compressor, comes in a cool little clear zippered pouch, with a light and gauge, and tucks the hose and wire all in to itself

Well, I don't know what is happening, but I keep getting a bunch of weird warning messages when I try to upload the photo...will try later.

RICH CANNON
2000 K1200LT "a great ride"
2002 GL1800 powerful, but boring..(gone)
1979 XS1100 (gone)
1986 VT500 Ascot (gone)
1972 Honda 500-4 (gone)
1961 Lambretta (way gone)
1962 Allstate Compact (gone but not forgotten)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Feb 18th, 2012, 4:39 pm

Re: First time for Slime!

I thought you were going to tell us about using Slime in your tires... what a nasty mess at tire change time!

I have a Slime compressor, and it works great, too. Handy bugger to have in the side case. I have used RideOn (name correct? purple/lavender stuff) in several tires... super easy to clean up and works great.

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

-----------------------------------------------

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #3 of 7 Old Feb 18th, 2012, 8:23 pm
Lifetime Supporter

What model of Slime do you have? Sounds like I need one.

Thanks

-Preston
02 K1200 LTC | 94 K75 RT | '02 R1150 GS

post #4 of 7 Old Feb 18th, 2012, 8:33 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by palarimer
What model of Slime do you have? Sounds like I need one.

Thanks
It just says Slime on it, check at Wally world, it is the little one..
It says "Tire top off " on the top of the package, but it went from 10psi to 48 on my bike like I said in 7 minutes..they have a website www.slime.com

RICH CANNON
2000 K1200LT "a great ride"
2002 GL1800 powerful, but boring..(gone)
1979 XS1100 (gone)
1986 VT500 Ascot (gone)
1972 Honda 500-4 (gone)
1961 Lambretta (way gone)
1962 Allstate Compact (gone but not forgotten)

Last edited by casualemt; Feb 18th, 2012 at 8:38 pm. Reason: add info
post #5 of 7 Old Feb 18th, 2012, 8:46 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Thanks Rich.

-Preston
02 K1200 LTC | 94 K75 RT | '02 R1150 GS

post #6 of 7 Old Feb 20th, 2012, 2:32 pm
Lifetime Supporter

My son let his SUV sit on a flat tire for several months. I pulled out the Slime Pump and fired it up. In less than 15 minutes the tire was up and he rode off to the tire store. It stays in it's case in my side case. Not bad for about $25.00!

Benton Blalock
"I ride.....the bike doesn't"

'18 Honda Africa Twin Adventure SportDCT
'12 Kawi KLR 650 "Dirty" - traded in
'08 LT Black "Fireball" 113,000+ miles(RIP- transmission - may be seen on the road again)
'05 LT Yeller er Gold? "Ophelia"(RIP- fire) 80,000 miles
'04 R12CLC (RIP- hurricane) 36,000 miles
230,000+ BMW miles
'Rounder'
post #7 of 7 Old Feb 20th, 2012, 3:07 pm

sure beats carring the CO2 cartridges.

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2019 K1600b Grand America, Blue Max.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in