BMW Luxury Touring Community

BMW Luxury Touring Community (https://www.bmwlt.com/forums/)
-   K1200LT (https://www.bmwlt.com/forums/k1200lt/)
-   -   plus 2C/34F (https://www.bmwlt.com/forums/k1200lt/66216-plus-2c-34f.html)

gary45 Feb 4th, 2012 5:24 pm

plus 2C/34F

finished putting the bike back together Saturday, today roads dry took her out for a 1 hour ride to see if all OK - unusual no snow in Toronto
- new air and fuel filter
- new Hyperpro springs
- rebuilt forks
- valves adjusted

Mugszy Feb 4th, 2012 5:42 pm

Re: plus 2C/34F

Certainly unusually mild winter all along... some trees are beginning to bud. I need to get brakes flushed and I'll be good to go.

Mugz

fllyboy Feb 4th, 2012 8:11 pm

I had mine out today as well 34F. New valve adjustments and clutch fluid change so wanted to check it out. It was idling too slow and stalled once, I'm hoping it's just old gas.

garry_kramer Feb 4th, 2012 8:59 pm

Saw a few bikes out here in Edmonton today. Mine is in my daughters garage in a back icy lane :(

Garry

Rocketsled Feb 4th, 2012 11:24 pm

I'm noticing the folks that ride this time of year:
1. Leathery Old Harley riders that don't give a F***
2. Really COLD looking riders
3. Relatively happy BMW riders

wa1200lt Feb 5th, 2012 10:21 am

Gary, what did you think of the Hyperpro springs? I HAVE to do something to the old sag wagon. It drives me nuts!

Loren

Quote:

Originally Posted by gary45
finished putting the bike back together Saturday, today roads dry took her out for a 1 hour ride to see if all OK - unusual no snow in Toronto
- new air and fuel filter
- new Hyperpro springs
- rebuilt forks
- valves adjusted

JoeTerry Feb 5th, 2012 2:23 pm

I put the trickle charger on Friday evening and started and let it run on Saturday. Too much salt on the roads to ride it yet, but I like to run it for 30 minutes at least once every other month in the off season to exercise the seals. Not sure if it's a good idea or not, but I do it anyway.

gary45 Feb 5th, 2012 8:02 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wa1200lt
Gary, what did you think of the Hyperpro springs? I HAVE to do something to the old sag wagon. It drives me nuts!

Loren

I have only an hour on them, drove over a rough railway crossing, some rough pavement, hit a couple of 1 inch sunken mainholes that before caused quite a bang in the front end but now not, as I thought would be the case a little more jostling on broken pavement but I am pleased with them - ride is more like the K1100 - if it gets up to 7C tomorrow as forcast will take it out on the highway - I suspect the ride will be the same on smooth pavement as it was before - bike is about 1/2 inch or so higher