1- I looked up the programming procedure to disable the
auto arming of the alarm system. It works fine. My problem is this..
Now I can't get back into programming mode.
What's the Trick?
I just recently went through the procedure and found it to be a little tricky...you have to get the timing right.
1. If not already done, disable the alarm with Button 2
2. Turn the key to the "On" position and wait for the red light above "trip reset" to stop blinking.
3. Press Button 2, the red light will light up briefly
4. Turn the key to the full "Off" position within 10 seconds
5. The red light will blink showing how many remotes are programmed (I.E. two blinks for two remotes)
6. Press Button 2 three times, the turn signals will flash each time you press the button.
7. Turn the key to the "On" position. The alarm should chirp 3 times indicating you are in programming mode.
The tricky part is that it seems you have to complete steps 4 through 7 within 10 seconds...or at least on my bike.
Once in programming mode you have the following options/steps:
Step one. Alarm Chirp after enable/disable, button 1=on button 2=off
Step two. courtesy lights when switched off, button 1=on button 2=off
Step three. Alarm type, button 1=Swelling button 2=Intermittent
Step four. Automatic alarm when switched off, button 1=on button 2=off
Step five. Automatic imobilizer when switched off, button 1=on button 2=off
You will hear a chirp from the alarm for each step/option (on chirp slightly different than off chirp) and four chirps in a row when you have completed the steps or 10 seconds have elapsed. You can exit programming mode by waiting 10 seconds or simply turning the switch to the "off" position.
Hope this helps