Siebenrock SUPER CLUTCH, #2122456 wait list - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 Old Nov 28th, 2011, 6:51 pm Thread Starter
Gold Supporter

Exclamation Siebenrock SUPER CLUTCH, #2122456 wait list

As of 11/23/11, there are six of us waiting to order this clutch for our LT's. Ten customer orders are necessary for EUROTECH MOTORSPORTS (530-345-7145) to place a minimum quantity order with SIEBENROCK of Germany.

Janae of EUROTECH MOTORSPORTS, Chico, CA, informed me it is questionable they will remain in business very long after the first of the year due to the economy; a quantity order for these clutches to SIEBENROCK before the end of the year will help E-M stay in business. They are the importer of this unit.

If you are sitting on the fence whether you will order or not, now is a good time to consider placing your order with EUROTECH MOTORSPORTS regardless whether you are inclined to install it yourself or have someone else perform the work. All we need is four more folks to place the order! $200 will be the cost/clutch.
A factor is whether you plan on keeping your LT for an extended period instead of purchasing the new GTL1600 which is not a replacement for the LT, it is just different.

Terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old Nov 28th, 2011, 6:56 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Re: Siebenrock SUPER CLUTCH, #2122456 wait list

Thanks for posting this Terry. I am one on the list already. We had also hooked up with Sienbrock direct through Manfred over in Germany but they want a minimum of 15. This is a better deal if we can get the orders.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 41 Old Nov 29th, 2011, 2:59 pm

I was one of the guys on the fence about ordering this clutch and decided probably last chance for good clutch at a good price. I just called Janae at EUROTECH MOTORSPORTS and was advised that they may or may not put the order thru before they close. I then told her that I would take my chances and order one. She then told me that the price of $200 was not guaranteed and it may be the $262 listed price. I gave her my info and she is supposed to get back with me with more information. Not getting the warm and fuzzy feeling.

post #4 of 41 Old Nov 29th, 2011, 3:27 pm

I got basicallly the same story from Janae today. She also said there is a guy named Chris that worked there, that might do the order after the first of the year. Does anyone know Chris? If we can confirm an order with Eurotech, I'm in. I would prefer to install this clutch instead of the OEM.
Wes
post #5 of 41 Old Nov 30th, 2011, 3:52 am

I will not throw in confusion but there was a simular discussion on the German LT Forum.

As far as the guys were informed from Siebenrock, there is no "Super Clutch" available for the LT.

If you want, I can jump in and call Siebenrock just to clarify this issue.

best regards from Bavaria

Rudy
"Winghunter"
Administrator and Chairman of the MTCG
The European Motorcycle Touring Community
Motorcycle Touring Club Germany

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Forum

post #6 of 41 Old Nov 30th, 2011, 6:15 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winghunter
I will not throw in confusion but there was a simular discussion on the German LT Forum.

As far as the guys were informed from Siebenrock, there is no "Super Clutch" available for the LT.

If you want, I can jump in and call Siebenrock just to clarify this issue.
Rudy, please do contact them and let us know. There are a lot of us here that could use some confidence in the matter.

2000 K1200LT-C "Tsukune"
2013 Honda NC700X "Moka"

Kirk Johnson

President of

post #7 of 41 Old Nov 30th, 2011, 7:39 am

Siebenrock does not list a clutch for the BMW K1200LT. ( according to their webpage)

So it can only be a special order. If anything at all.

Eric von Laue

3Cyl Kawa ( a long time ago)
450 Yamaha Seca ( maybe it was a Maxim )
1100 Honda Magna
650 Honda XR ( to Guatemala and back)
1990 Honda PC800 ( Mountain Mama )
2000 BMW 1200LT ( Maxamillion )

Keep the rubber side down
post #8 of 41 Old Nov 30th, 2011, 9:13 am

Exclamation Re: Siebenrock SUPER CLUTCH, #2122456 wait list

Had a long and very nice phone talk with Mr. Tesin who is in charge as a Technical Leader at Siebenrock.

You guys are right. Normally as I said, they do not carry a Super Clutch for the LT

but...........................

they had a prodcution last year for 15 clutches. 2 were sold to finland and 10 to the USA.

they are still waiting for a response, if the guys those bought the Super clutches are happy with the product or not. It would be good, if those guys would jump into this thread and let us know their experiences.

They would run another prodcution:

Precondition to run another production is a minimum order of 10 clutches

If you want me to coordinate this, just let me know. I would appreciate to help you guys in this case.

for the moment he has 5 inquiries for LT clutches - 1 from Germany and 4 from the States.

It would make sense in my eyes, if one person takes care about this issue. Otherwise you guys will not come eventually to a good end.

Price: 198,- € plus freight costs

Discount:
10 clutches and you will receive a discount of 10,-€ per clutch
20 clutches and you will receive a discount of 20,- € per clutch

Advance payments are required at Siebenrock. Currency should be Euro.

Two more issues to point out:

you should not use any kind of Syntetic Oil when using a Sebenrock Cutch
the clutch prerssure plate should have a plane slide surface

Hope this helps a bit.

Just let me know, if I should coordinate this issue for you guys.

Glad to help you out!!!!

Rudy
"Winghunter"

- Forum

post #9 of 41 Old Nov 30th, 2011, 11:06 am

Well, the two clutches that came to Finland are still sitting in the package. At least mine is and I think my buddy Ilpo who took care of the order (and personal transportation from Germany for that matter..) has the same situation.
I just happened to replace my clutch plate with OEM just some 30.000 km ago (no real need to do that, either) so it will most likely be quite some time before you'll hear any feedback from this corner of the earth...

And another thing:

This clutch plate is supposed to be more tolerant to oil. In order to verify that we don't only need somebody who has replaced his original with this but we need a "patient" who has either a failed slave cylinder or a main seal and then he can tell how his clutch behaved.
Or are there some other features / improvements that we are looking for?

Regards

Ari "the Farkle-Freak-Finn" Ignatius

Hyvinkää, Finland
2004 ('05) LT, Dark Graphite, "Sunset Cruiser II"

Bike trip from Finland to USA:

Pictures of various farkle projects:

post #10 of 41 Old Dec 1st, 2011, 11:27 am
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Re: Siebenrock SUPER CLUTCH, #2122456 wait list UPDATE IMPORTANT

Tried to call EuroTech just now and no answer, voice mail is full. Does not look good for getting these clutches. I was ready to add a second one to my original order I made back in Oct if that would get the ball rolling. Will keep trying.

I did speak with Janae a few minutes ago. We were at 8, I added one more for me to get us to 9. She will check with John the owner to see if we get to 10 will he attempt to order a batch from Siebenrock before they close thier doors. I am waiting for that e-mail to come in right now so if you are on the fence order one now to get it to 10. You have nothing to lose if they decide to not order them for us but everything to gain. Siebenrock will require a minimum of 15 if we go direct to them. Eurotech is our last chance for a smaller order. I will post as soon as I get the word from John.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Last edited by jzeiler; Dec 1st, 2011 at 12:42 pm.
post #11 of 41 Old Dec 1st, 2011, 10:58 pm

John, just a question:

Have you seen my posting?????

I had the intention to write a bit more in this posting but I let it be.

It is holiday season - so I will keep the smile in my face

Rudy
"Winghunter"

- Forum

Last edited by Winghunter; Dec 1st, 2011 at 11:21 pm.
post #12 of 41 Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 6:12 am

This clutch plate is kind of an answer to a question I didn't ask but I guess it's designed to get you home? You will still need to disassemble to repair the leak.
I read that it has a special coating, coatings usually don't last forever, is the oil resistance for the life of the plate? I think some might be hesitant buying through a business you know is closing it's doors but hoping you get to ten.
post #13 of 41 Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 7:04 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Rudy,

I did see your post but going through Eurotech right now is the easiest if they do place the order. They don't bill us unless they do so we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I appreciate you checking on it with Siebenrock and we may end up going that way if the interest continues.

New2rt,

I think the entire clutch friction material is different and oil tolerant, not just a coating. I actually rode my original clutch for several hundred miles and several months after it started slipping but I never had any oil dripping anywhere. There was light oil contamination of the clutch. Most likely from the output shaft O-ring being brittle. Dry powder on the tranny side, oil damp powder on the engine side.

This clutch is just a composite homogenous material and I am interested in trying it should I need to replace mine again. I plan to keep the LT forever!

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

post #14 of 41 Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 8:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzeiler
I plan to keep the LT forever!
Same here.
If someone put together a high quality seal kit for the failures including the slave cylinder I'd be all in, Cause rather then effect.
post #15 of 41 Old Dec 4th, 2011, 1:52 pm

I may keep my 1200. What do I contact to add my name to the order list?

Thanks,
Paul

Miles to go b4 I sleep
2016 R1200RT
2012 K1600GTL, sold

00 K12LTC, sold
and a couple of old British bikes
Ocala, Florida
post #16 of 41 Old Dec 4th, 2011, 4:23 pm

Call Eurotech and give them your info. Their contact info is in the 1st post.
Wes
post #17 of 41 Old Dec 15th, 2011, 10:16 am

Bump

2002 K1200LT
post #18 of 41 Old Dec 15th, 2011, 3:12 pm

I am confused. Do we have a special list our name, are we ordering it directly from Germany or fro Eurotech? According to lady at Eurotech, she told me today to place my order. As soon it get the desired number, they will place the order. Please correct my misconceptions.
Thanks
post #19 of 41 Old Dec 15th, 2011, 6:28 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Yes we are all ordering from Eurotech - which is going out of business soon. They may or may not place the order before they do. We should get word by the end of the week if they will go ahead with the order.

There was also an investigation of going direct to Siebenrock - which is a bit more complicated as they required a minimum of 15 and then the importation etc. plus some one would have to coordinate it all and be the goto person. Eurotech was the easier path.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

post #20 of 41 Old Dec 15th, 2011, 10:44 pm

Thanks man. I will place my order on their website. Hopefully the rest of the group will do same so we can get them encourage to get it going ASAP. Either it makes it for this fix or not, I will love to have that kinda disc on my shelve for raining days
post #21 of 41 Old Dec 20th, 2011, 3:20 pm

Hi I spoke with Eurotech this morning. The lady who answered the phone stated that she was not certain that the owner was going to place the order. The order as of this morning has not been placed. She suggested that I go ahead and place an order for the new clutch plate. I asked how much longer they were going to stay in business. She said she was told that she had at least two more weeks but did not know if she would even have a job with Eurotech after that time frame.

Current price not counting shipping is $196.00

Hopefully Eurotech will place the custom order. The part number is 2122456.

Does anyone have any additional information on the status that is different from what I just posted?

Thanks
Karl
Spring, Texas
post #22 of 41 Old Dec 28th, 2011, 7:57 pm

Got this in the mail today,
I suspect others got the same.

Eric,
*The item(s) on your order are no longer in stock. At this time we are unable to fill your back order. However, there is a possibility of it getting filled at a later date. We will keep your order open and contact you if/when we can get these part(s) to see if you would still like to receive them from us. Your credit card has not been charged and will not be charged unless we can fill your order AND you have confirmed that the order is still good. We apologize for any inconvenience.

--
Thanks,
Janae

Eric von Laue

1100 Honda Magna

post #23 of 41 Old Dec 28th, 2011, 9:50 pm

So have your bikes all been out of service this long, or did you just replace with something else in the meantime?

------------------------
05 LT - Blue
03 VTX 1300s - fun while it lasted, sucked in the cold.
post #24 of 41 Old Dec 29th, 2011, 8:13 am

Not out of service, just waiting for a good replacement clutch.

Eric von Laue

1100 Honda Magna

post #25 of 41 Old Dec 29th, 2011, 1:24 pm

I need to replace my K12LT clutch, and I have a friend who offered me his if I order a replacement from the next order, so I am in and ready to purchase today...

... BUT, it seems these orders may not be filled, and I cannot take his kit in good conscience if it appears I will not be able to replace it.

Also, I run synthetic fluids in my LT. Why the caution about running any synthetic if using this clutch?

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #26 of 41 Old Dec 30th, 2011, 4:16 pm

Bump

John have you heard anymore from eurotech?

2002 K1200LT
post #27 of 41 Old Dec 30th, 2011, 8:47 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

I got the same email Eric did.

I think that if anyone NEEDS a clutch now go with the stock one as these are likely to take a while if we end up going direct.

Like many have said these are NOT a super clutch but an oil resistant friction material that IS susceptible to slippage if you use synthetic oil. I am re-thinking this approach as my second clutch is fine so far since I learned how to properly engage it when pulling a trailer AND I used a Viton o-ring on the output shaft when I did the last clutch job.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

post #28 of 41 Old Jan 1st, 2012, 12:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzeiler
...since I learned how to properly engage it when pulling a trailer...
Please, go on... I'll be happy to open a new thread if you think that would be best.
post #29 of 41 Old Jan 1st, 2012, 4:50 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgerrity
Please, go on... I'll be happy to open a new thread if you think that would be best.
Easy. Just don't exceed 1500 rpm until the clutch is fully engaged. Once you are rolling with the lever released then you can hammer it!!! I was slipping the clutch upwards of 2,300 at times to try and get rolling. 6,000 miles of doing that shortened the life of the clutch. My last 6,000 + mile trip went alot better with the new technique.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

post #30 of 41 Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 12:29 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRaccon
Bump

John have you heard anymore from eurotech?

Are we done with Eurotech, or will one more order do it? If so, who do I contact?

Thanks,
Paul

Miles to go b4 I sleep
2016 R1200RT
2012 K1600GTL, sold

00 K12LTC, sold
and a couple of old British bikes
Ocala, Florida
post #31 of 41 Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 4:46 pm Thread Starter
Gold Supporter

Smile Re: Siebenrock SUPER CLUTCH, #2122456 wait list

This is an update to my original post. I received an email from Janae of E-M and here is basically what she said:
We are unable to fill this B/O. All requests for the clutch w/submitted contact information will be kept on an 'open order' status for now. Should E-M be able to process the order at a later date, all folks who submitted their information to E-M will be contacted to see if each person still wants one of the SIEBENROCK clutches. No projected date for such action was shared, therefore, further action is TBD. I will send an email to Janae thanking her for her email.

Terry
post #32 of 41 Old Jan 10th, 2012, 9:07 am

I just got an email from Siebenrock saying that the clutch disc's are now available, but the web site (which shows them available) sends you to the dealer page to order them. Since Eurotech is not in business anymore that might be a problem. I e-mailed ([email protected]) who sent me the notification but haven't received a reply yet asking if they knew where we could order from.
post #33 of 41 Old Jan 10th, 2012, 9:44 am

keep us informed on his reply now that we will be dealing with a company that is not self stateing that there are going out of buissness i will prob, add my name to any order we put together as a group
post #34 of 41 Old Jan 10th, 2012, 2:04 pm

I got the same email from Siebenrock on availability. I inquired about the method of ordering a disc. I will pass along any info I receive.

John

2002 K1200LT
post #35 of 41 Old Jan 13th, 2012, 11:44 am

Okay I got a reply from Siebenrock about ordering a clutch:

We can directly order the clutch disc from their online shop and pay with a credit card.

There are some dealers in the US that some times order parts from them :

Capital Cycle - Virginia

Beemer Shop- Scotts Vallay

Bavarian Cycle Works - San Francisco

Hope that helps everybody.
post #36 of 41 Old Jan 13th, 2012, 4:50 pm

I ordered one today. It was about $244 shipped to Utah. From previous emails from Siebenrock I am guessing that a run of 20 clutches was done. If you are going to order one, I wouldn't wait too long.

2002 K1200LT
post #37 of 41 Old Mar 28th, 2012, 12:38 pm

Exclamation Re: Siebenrock SUPER CLUTCH, #2122456 wait list

which year models does this part # apply to, and does anyone have any current information about this? is ordering from siebenrock only temporarily available- or until 15 or 20 units sold?

I might be interested in one for my '99.

Jeff
Big D is my neck of the woods

99 K1200LT (don't need loud pipes w/ 8 spk. stereo)
08 HD wide glide
prior:
07 HD XL1200C (sold!
)
78 KZ750 twin
76 CB750F
71 CL175 Scrambler
73? Yamaha 100 enduro

Last edited by bikerj; Mar 28th, 2012 at 12:39 pm. Reason: clarify
post #38 of 41 Old Mar 28th, 2012, 2:07 pm

I recall a post regarding a BMW dealer in the USA that sold them as well. Price was about the same as ordering direct, and you have a CONUS-based firm to deal with if any problems with your order.

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #39 of 41 Old Mar 28th, 2012, 3:42 pm

I wrote a thread about Bob's BMW in Maryland carrying them -- it was about 6 weeks ago. Call them and they might have them. I ordered mine and it took about 2 weeks to get; maybe even less.

Glenn
post #40 of 41 Old Mar 28th, 2012, 11:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern_nj
I wrote a thread about Bob's BMW in Maryland carrying them -- it was about 6 weeks ago. Call them and they might have them. I ordered mine and it took about 2 weeks to get; maybe even less.

Glenn
That was the one... Thanks, Glenn!

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs

and many, many others.

post #41 of 41 Old Mar 29th, 2012, 6:22 am

I wasn't clear on my past thread as I meant to have said, "I ordered mine from Siebenrock and it took 2 weeks or so to get it."

During the time I was doing a clutch job on my bike, I called Bob's for parts -- talked with them about the Siebenrock clutch and they wanted to order some -- they weren't giving me a definitive date of when they were going to get it so I ordered directly from Siebenrock.

Good luck on your clutch job!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in