Hip cramps fixed - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Nov 27th, 2011, 5:28 am Thread Starter

Hip cramps fixed

Since getting my '05 I've struggled with hip cramps, sometimes after only an hour, sometimes taking a little longer to occur. I have a 34" inseam and have fitted Suburban footpeg relocators which helped but the cramps still remained. So, time for a little creative thinking. I feel as though my hips are at the wrong angle (hard to explain) but I feel they need to rotate forward slightly and the K12 seat tends to make me sit in it rather like a bucket. So I duplicated the seat adjustment bar, adding 25mm more height than the standard highest setting and, presto, no cramps after 1 hour. I now need a longer test ride but it looks (feels) promising. Works for me, I just need to modify the seal latch bar now so it can be locked down. Not a difficult solution and possible to revert back to standard in 5 minutes if required. Give it a try if you have a need.

Dennis
1987 Yamaha TY250R
1991 Aprilia Climber 280
1988 K100RT (the pack horse)
2005 K1200LTE Light yellow metallic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Nov 27th, 2011, 9:23 am

Re: Hip cramps fixed

Hi Dennis,

that is a good and easy solution if you don't feel like doing the adjustment mechanism the hard way...

https://picasaweb.google.com/ari.ign...ERSEATADJUSTER#

In any case, raising the seat from the rear might lead to problems that can be cured by extending also the seat bracket at the front. I extended mine a total of 42 mm. Something like described here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/ari.ign...TTOCOVERTHEGAP#

Regards

Ari "the Farkle-Freak-Finn" Ignatius

Hyvinkää, Finland
2004 ('05) LT, Dark Graphite, "Sunset Cruiser II"

Bike trip from Finland to USA:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures of various farkle projects:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in