Anti theft device and locking electronics for 2007 LT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Nov 26th, 2011, 7:21 pm Thread Starter

Anti theft device and locking electronics for 2007 LT

This is my first post. I picked up my LT from the BMW shop for storing preparation for the winter. Tonight I left my office with the bike to bring home, and the bike electronics and all the trunks are locked. The wireless handheld device to unlock the bike in order to turn on ignition will not work. I can set the bike and theft alarm, but cannot open the locked trunks (where the information manual lies) nor can I start the engine. I changed the small battery in the remote, but no luck. Any advice other than bringing back to dealer?

Doug Andrews
Portland Maine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Nov 26th, 2011, 7:58 pm

Re: Anti theft device and locking electronics for 2007 LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandrew2
This is my first post. I picked up my LT from the BMW shop for storing preparation for the winter. Tonight I left my office with the bike to bring home, and the bike electronics and all the trunks are locked. The wireless handheld device to unlock the bike in order to turn on ignition will not work. I can set the bike and theft alarm, but cannot open the locked trunks (where the information manual lies) nor can I start the engine. I changed the small battery in the remote, but no luck. Any advice other than bringing back to dealer?

Doug Andrews
Portland Maine
Hey, Doug - throw this over in the K1200LT forum and you'll get a bunch of help from those who've experienced the same situation. Good luck with the solution.

Last edited by Dick; Nov 26th, 2011 at 9:12 pm.
post #3 of 8 Old Nov 27th, 2011, 4:10 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

First try to "cycle" the alarm several times (set - unset). When it sets it should beep twice - when it un-sets it should beep once. Then just keep hitting the smooth button unil the locks unlock. If that fails you can open all but the little oddiments box by inserting your key and turn it only 45 degrees not the full 90. That will at least get you to the manual.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 Old Nov 30th, 2011, 12:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandrew2

Doug Andrews
Portland Maine
I believe you should be able to open trunks with your ignition key even if locked remotely.

BJ
2015 R Nine T
2007 LT Storm Grey
2005 LT Gold (traded in for '07)
2007 G 650 Xchallenge
post #5 of 8 Old Nov 30th, 2011, 12:35 pm

Garage

Forgive my stupidity...

Being new to my '05 and the hole "alarm" thing... If the battery was replaced in the fob, wouldn't it have to be "paired" back to the bike?

Baring that, if the fob works to unlock the bike, it should deactivate the ignition "immobilizer"...

Do you see the "lightning bolt" when you attempt to start? All the Safety items "off". (i.e. - Side stand, not in gear etc...)

Hoss
'Stupidity has a knack of getting its way.' --Albert Camus
'05- K1200LT - Gretchen
R.I.P. - '00- K1200LTE- "Barbara" - Retired at 168K 9/2011
MOA, IBA, EXR & RCB and TMI
post #6 of 8 Old Nov 30th, 2011, 2:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoswell
Forgive my stupidity...

Being new to my '05 and the hole "alarm" thing... If the battery was replaced in the fob, wouldn't it have to be "paired" back to the bike?
Only if the fob lost sync with the LT alarm. You can change the battery and not have to resync. I think it loses sync if you press the button 256 times without the LT answer back. Its pretty easy to recync just hold the left button down for three seconds. Or is it press it three times in a second? Its something easy like that. I've done it a couple times with and a couple times without. I know the info is posted here somewhere.

Just Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.
post #7 of 8 Old Dec 1st, 2011, 12:19 am

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwnahas
Only if the fob lost sync with the LT alarm. You can change the battery and not have to resync. I think it loses sync if you press the button 256 times without the LT answer back. Its pretty easy to recync just hold the left button down for three seconds. Or is it press it three times in a second? Its something easy like that. I've done it a couple times with and a couple times without. I know the info is posted here somewhere.
Forgive my stupidity...

Hoss
'Stupidity has a knack of getting its way.' --Albert Camus
'05- K1200LT - Gretchen
R.I.P. - '00- K1200LTE- "Barbara" - Retired at 168K 9/2011
MOA, IBA, EXR & RCB and TMI
post #8 of 8 Old Dec 1st, 2011, 6:46 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoswell
Forgive my stupidity...
Nothing stupid there. its all cool.

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in