nothin's wrong - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old Nov 25th, 2011, 4:36 pm Thread Starter

nothin's wrong

Probably spent the last great weather day of this yr playing around in the N GA. mountains. Rode w/ a Vision and a Concours. The LT.....what a great bike! Just sayin' !

Rocket Ron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 LT
2005 Triumph Rocket
2002 Honda VTX1800R (gone)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old Nov 26th, 2011, 9:49 am

Re: nothin's wrong

My buddy has a Vision too. Those are some sweet looking bikes but nothing rides like the LT. I just took my, most likely, last ride of the year too. All alone and loving it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old Nov 26th, 2011, 11:15 am

You'll have to head south because our riding season is getting into full swing. Nice and cool in the morning and warmer in the afternoon. Should be perfect weather next weekend for a local RTE gathering a little further south.

ALL are invited....

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)

post #4 of 12 Old Nov 26th, 2011, 12:03 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDiver
You'll have to head south because our riding season is getting into full swing. Nice and cool in the morning and warmer in the afternoon. Should be perfect weather next weekend for a local RTE gathering a little further south.

ALL are invited....
Guess that's one good thing about being in warm, flat FL. ! hehe Probably won't head that direction until bike week. I'll just have to keep my Gerbings handy!

Rocket Ron

2002 LT
2005 Triumph Rocket
post #5 of 12 Old Nov 26th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Logged 280 miles in the north GA mountains this past Friday! What a blast. Picked up a 2009 LT back in August and I had about 2K miles on it before Friday's adventure. A friend of mine on a Ducati 1100 was leading the way and if i had known what I was in for I may have had second thoughts about making the trip. Chatsworth to Dahlonaga was a great tune up, but that lap around Blood Mountain and Woody Gap made me grow up fast. By the end of the day my confidence with this beast had soared. It was also my first trial with the Gerbings jacket liner which definitely came in handy. Loving this bike more every time I get on her! I've also spent countless hours reading this forum and learning much from all the great members. It's been an invaluable resource for someone coming late to the "LT" party!
post #6 of 12 Old Nov 27th, 2011, 10:45 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthompson43
Logged 280 miles in the north GA mountains this past Friday! What a blast. Picked up a 2009 LT back in August and I had about 2K miles on it before Friday's adventure. A friend of mine on a Ducati 1100 was leading the way and if i had known what I was in for I may have had second thoughts about making the trip. Chatsworth to Dahlonaga was a great tune up, but that lap around Blood Mountain and Woody Gap made me grow up fast. By the end of the day my confidence with this beast had soared. It was also my first trial with the Gerbings jacket liner which definitely came in handy. Loving this bike more every time I get on her! I've also spent countless hours reading this forum and learning much from all the great members. It's been an invaluable resource for someone coming late to the "LT" party!
Did somebody say Blood Mountain?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blood mountain.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	33685  

Chris Ehlbeck
2002 BMW K1200LTE Toscana Green Retired with 85,391 miles
2014 BMW R1200RT Quartz Blue Metallic

post #7 of 12 Old Nov 27th, 2011, 7:09 pm

Chris, I see you're a veteran of the N. GA Mountains, and Blood Mountain! Enjoyed your blog. Was inspired by your trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway! Wish I had the time....
post #8 of 12 Old Nov 27th, 2011, 8:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthompson43
Chris, I see you're a veteran of the N. GA Mountains, and Blood Mountain! Enjoyed your blog. Was inspired by your trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway! Wish I had the time....
Thanks for the comment! We lucky that in this part of Georgia, we don't live far from some of the best riding roads in the country. The picture was taken on Blood Mountain 10/30/11 while returning from a trip to the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge.

Again, thanks for the comment. It keeps me out of the bars!

Chris Ehlbeck

post #9 of 12 Old Nov 27th, 2011, 11:54 pm

I live in S. Oregon and at times questionable as to the mtn. passes. I will continue to ride through the winter when the passes are clear. The LT loves the cold and the area is spectacular. I am sad to hear you taking your last ride for the season, perhaps I should listen!

I often ride from Medford to Portland and have yet to be totally weathered out.

Ride safe, and what a great bike.

W Pecchi
klt1200 canyon red 59k
post #10 of 12 Old Nov 28th, 2011, 12:16 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PECCHI
I live in S. Oregon and at times questionable as to the mtn. passes. I will continue to ride through the winter when the passes are clear. The LT loves the cold and the area is spectacular. I am sad to hear you taking your last ride for the season, perhaps I should listen!

I often ride from Medford to Portland and have yet to be totally weathered out.

Ride safe, and what a great bike.

W Pecchi
klt1200 canyon red 59k
When I say "last ride" I only mean a "fun getaway" in the mountains to burn up the roads. When we get our first "ice" or "snow", they put sand on the curves. Takes all the fun out of it. I'll continue to ride all winter around me though.
R

Rocket Ron

2002 LT
2005 Triumph Rocket
post #11 of 12 Old Nov 29th, 2011, 9:51 am

Come on down to AZ! Always sunny and lots of different types of riding.
post #12 of 12 Old Nov 29th, 2011, 11:25 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRon
When I say "last ride" I only mean a "fun getaway" in the mountains to burn up the roads. When we get our first "ice" or "snow", they put sand on the curves. Takes all the fun out of it. I'll continue to ride all winter around me though.
R
I know what you mean. We rode the Richard B. Russell Parkway in March one time. Pretty scary when your front tire starts to slip from all the stuff they put on the road up there in the winter.

Chris Ehlbeck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in