To CB, or not to CB - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Nov 23rd, 2011, 4:15 pm Thread Starter

To CB, or not to CB

I have a '99 LT I bought used a few years ago. It came with a dealer installed Honda/Clarion CB system. I always thought that would be an indispensable farkle if I were to travel cross country, but life has not, and likely will not afford me that opportunity for the foreseeable future. So I ask, is this a feature any of you have found useful/indispensable and/or would any of you like to buy my system? Is it worth anything? Although I don't have the accompanying headset, I used test leads and earbuds to make sure it works. Seems to work fine. I would simply like to unload the clutter from my bike, especially under the seat where the "brain" resides. I look forward to any feedback on this. Thanks!

Bill MacDonald
Redmond, WA

'99 LT "Luther"

'03 Aprilia Tuono "Thunder"
'09 K1300S "Rufus II"

"The more I learn, the less I know"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Nov 23rd, 2011, 7:26 pm

Re: To CB, or not to CB

Well sir, I have found that I am one to keep my LT as original as possible. Therefore,I don`t use the CB, but I keep it is case I ever sell her. Mine came with a portable battery adapter and antenna to make the thing a "hand unit". It took up useful storage space in the glovebox.

Don't waste a day wishing you rode!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

------------------------
2002 K1200 LTC
1984 kawasaki ZN700 LTD
post #3 of 4 Old Nov 24th, 2011, 7:43 am

The factory installed CB was basically just something to clutter up your oddments box. My present bike doesn't have one and I'm glad. Now I can put my sunglasses and flashlight in the box where they are handy. Travelling with another bike who had a CB it would come in handy for bike to bike communications but other than that they are mostly useless as far as I can see.

2006 R1200RT
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue
2003 K1200LTE Black
Totaled Oct 2, 2010
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000
Most of us would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

post #4 of 4 Old Nov 24th, 2011, 8:46 am

Now is the time to sell it.

We are on an up swing of the sunspot cycle. As the sunspots increase more nonUS skip starts rolling in. The result is that you will turn on a CB and hear what sounds like an angry beehive in a waterfall.

My Zumo 665 has a detour button and traffic alerts for major cities plus wx alerts.

Sorry to see you won't be able to have FUN riding cross country.

But, we never know what opportunities we will have next riding season.

Bob

"He was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in