CD stuck. Radio not working. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Nov 19th, 2011, 4:59 am Thread Starter

CD stuck. Radio not working.

Hi all. Just registered today. I started using the K1200LT two months ago as a taxibike (www.taxibikes.com) here in London after using the Honda ST1100 for ten years! Loving the new Beemer!!! Have found a fantastic mechanic (www.mhmotocycles.co.uk) for servicing as BMW Dealerships here in the UK are extremely expensive! Having just dropped off a customer the other evening, I put a new CD in the slot and it fed in as it should. Then nothing! The dash display shows "Radio" but that doesn't work. I can see the CD in the slot but it's not spinning and I can't eject it. Stalemate! I disconnected the Earth on the battery for 30 seconds to see if the electrics would reset, but there's no change. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance. Rob Hutchings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Nov 19th, 2011, 7:10 am

Re: CD stuck. Radio not working.

Rob

It takes longer to discharge an electrical capacitor than thirty econds. Ther is an electrical charged retained bu somthig on the bike and to really get a hard reset you have to wait an hour or just disconnect the positive and negative cables and touch them together. Ther will be a spark and the hard reset will be done. Then when you turn on the key for the first time you have to open the throttle all the was acouple of times to reset the Throttle position sensor. Then turn the key off. Then back on to see ir the reset worked for the radio. Good luck. If it does not work I ahve a good CD player that came out of a 03 model. The radio mother board is no good but I know that the cd player part works. See the classified adds.

"Airplane"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in