Audio question - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Nov 16th, 2011, 7:46 pm Thread Starter

Audio question

Re-Newbie here. I just picked up a 1999 LT with only 14000 miles on it. I had an 03 in 03-04. The 03 was an elite? with all the factory options. The 99 is a lower perhaps base model? In the glove box/cassette box there are 2 very small jacks 2 larger ones like the jack on and iPhone and one knob and a small toggle switch. How do I get an iPhone or mp3 player jacked into the system. Also what is the best way to get an intercom system? Glad to be back on an LT. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Nov 21st, 2011, 4:48 pm

Re: Audio question

Remember this, the I phone did not exist when this bike was built, they know nothing of mp3 files or 4 pole connectors for cummunicating with a PDA I phone, easiest way to interface with this old bike is to add a Autocom to the speaker outputs (this gives you volume control of the fm radio functions and the cd player if you have one. You will spend less on a autocom system than you will for the headsets to the factory intercome (which by the way is a POS......I have owned 2 they suck wind big time.....call me to discuss how the system would function ......918-446-22458
post #3 of 3 Old Nov 21st, 2011, 6:14 pm

Re: Audio question

I use a cassette adapter for my GPS/MP3 player. Do not ware your $$ on a cheap one from China.

Bob

"He was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in