Right Switch Group Replacement - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Nov 12th, 2011, 9:40 pm Thread Starter

Right Switch Group Replacement

Would anyone happen to know how far back into the bike yiou have to go to get tot he connectors for the right switch group? I have takent he handlebar covers and center cover off and STILL cannot find the end of the cable! Does it go all the way into the electrical box under the gas tank? If so, no biggie, I have to go there anyway to replace my starter relay but I am just wondering where this cable ends!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Nov 13th, 2011, 12:00 am

Re: Right Switch Group Replacement

I hope I'm understanding your question correctly - if not, this won't make any sense at all. My heated grip switch (on the right grip cluster) went bad. Didn't want to spend (IIRC) $285 for a new one. I traced just the heated grip circuit to a connector behind the nose cone. I don't know if all the others are there too, there were 4 that I can remember, but at least that one was. I'll try to scout around this forum as I believe I posted some photos of it. Be back in a flash!
post #3 of 7 Old Nov 13th, 2011, 12:07 am

Did'ja miss me?
I found the photos on my computer. Here's what I worked on, directly behind the nose, under the dash. Disregard the writing as that had to do with diagnosing the switch problem, but it does show you what the connections look like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0477.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	773.9 KB
ID:	33539   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0478.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	33540  

post #4 of 7 Old Nov 13th, 2011, 9:01 am

If you are going to have the nose cone off, consider upgrading the head light bulb with a HID system for the low beam.

Bob

"He was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson
post #5 of 7 Old Nov 13th, 2011, 12:47 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmlt
Did'ja miss me?
I found the photos on my computer. Here's what I worked on, directly behind the nose, under the dash. Disregard the writing as that had to do with diagnosing the switch problem, but it does show you what the connections look like.
Got it! I can even make the changes without taking off the nose. My bike is in ENOUGH pieces right now. SCARY!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old Nov 14th, 2011, 8:28 am

I have a right side switch group available... The brake switch is probably bad. The wires go to the relay box by the air cleaner....But I don't know where the heated grip wires go QUESTION In your photo #2 the 3 wire female connector goes where?
post #7 of 7 Old Nov 14th, 2011, 10:50 am

I'm assuming that question was directed at me? PM sent.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in