Service Manual? Which one? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 6:21 pm Thread Starter

Service Manual? Which one?

I also drive a Suzuki M109R Boulevard that I wrench on and I learned all I kow from one of those inexpensive digital manuals from EBay. Does anyone here have a manual you recommend? I am especially looking for a procedural manual that does not make a mystery of GETTING to the end game. In other words, a complete manual that assumes you know little to nothing. That should fit me just fine!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 6:41 pm

Re: Service Manual? Which one?

Welcome. I just purchased my 2005lt about a month ago. I did the 30k service myself including replacing 2 valve buckets. I originally got the BMW Repair Manual CD. I bought it because the one for my 2001 1100s was great. I didn't like the LT version. It's real hard to navigate and doesn't give much detail. I have since bought the Clymer Manual. I like it alot better. Good detail and easy to navigate through. I hope that helps.

Bo.
Kennedale, TX.

1995 MuZ Skorpion
2001 BMW R1100S
2005 BMW K1200LT
post #3 of 6 Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 7:09 pm

Smile Re: Service Manual? Which one?

I bought the paul sayegh videos there great I did my entire tear down on my 2000 LT paul takes you step by step learn as you watch here is his site. hope it help
http://www.sayegh.me/sayegh/k1200lt_service_videos.html

post #4 of 6 Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 7:42 pm

Get the Clymer in my opinion. It has wiring diagrams for all the LT systems and that is a big plus in my opinion. I first got one of the 'el cheapo internet downloads that just didn't do very much for me if you had to get into anything very deep and nothing about wiring. Wasn't worth the $14.95 I paid, nust a waste. Also, for me, I want something that I can open and sit on a bench next to where I'm working so I can look at pictures in the manual to be sure where I'm at in the work.

So that's my .02 worth. Good Luck

Tommy
77 years old and gittin' younger
__________________________________________________ __
'07 K1200LT Black w/color matched Hannigan Europa II Trailer
'09 KLR650 heavily modified for the TAT

IBA #48786
MOA #164466

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 6 Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 7:46 pm

Garage

I use the factory manual on cd, as I need to use my computer with the GS911 on my bike, and so I use that also.
I also have the book manual, that is Haynes, and if I find a Clymer manual on the RT, I will get it.
That way I get as much help as possible.
dc
post #6 of 6 Old Nov 4th, 2011, 3:31 am

Clymers and legal factory manual here. Use 'em both but ifI could only have one it would be the Clymers.

I also have the Paul Sayegh disks which are especially helpful in the beginning.

Loren

WAK1200LT
Loren

Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in