Trunk Lid Organizer - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 3:07 pm Thread Starter

Trunk Lid Organizer

Anybody have any ideas on this subject? I can cover the mirror, I don't care. my wife is beautiful and I don't like looking at myself

Keith Barrow
Forney, TX
2006 K 1200 LT (My Fav)
2004 HD FLSTC Scremin Eagle Stage 4
2008 Honda TR 230
2002 I/O go-fast boat
2008 Yamaha Waverunner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Nov 10th, 2011, 9:56 am

Re: Trunk Lid Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithkmb
Anybody have any ideas on this subject? I can cover the mirror, I don't care. my wife is beautiful and I don't like looking at myself
I bought several generic "stuff" bags of various sizes and shapes, and put miscellany in those. One is attached to the trunk lid with Velcro, but doesn't cover the mirror or change anything really. I use the mirror pocket for my bike documents, a pen and notepad, etc. The bag on the lid is long and thin, meant for a notebook power supply. It's from a travel shop in an airport, $10. The others are from the travel section of various stores, like Target.

I have a few that are season-specific and some that are for long trips versus in-town riding. I just swap them as needed.

Carlos Alvarez
Gilbert, AZ
2000 K1200LT-I
post #3 of 4 Old Nov 10th, 2011, 12:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez
One is attached to the trunk lid with Velcro, but doesn't cover the mirror or change anything really.
I have two strips and 4 tabs of Velcro on my trunk lid (to replace the vanity mirror/door that didn't come with my bike) that hold my owner's manual and documents in place. The problem with that set up is, on hot days, the glue on Velcro returns to a liquid state and doesn't hold very well.

post #4 of 4 Old Nov 11th, 2011, 9:42 pm

I use a trunk lid organizer from a gold wing. I trimed it to fit and use the bolts with fender washers that hold the rack on.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy $hit...what a ride"-Mavis Leyrer
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Stienbeck
08 CanAm Spyder "Fast Truck"(Wifes')
08 Kawasaki KLR 650 "Lil Dirt Truck"
05 K1200Lt "Lt Truck"
05 Piaggio X9 Reveloution "Lil Truck"

97 International 4700 "Big Truck"

AMA Life Member
BMWMOA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in