The Wait is over.... almost - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Mar 14th, 2006, 8:08 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bigbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Winnebago, IL, USA
Posts: 1,178
Thumbs up The Wait is over.... almost

Well,the wait is over, I bought a 2002 LTC but now the real waiting begins...
Weather around here isn't real condusive to riding a bike that is new to me. As you all know these things have brakes that are different from anything else I have ever ridden. I figure these brakes, a little top heavy, mix in some salt and gravel and the fun goes away.

I am looking at the bright side. This down time gives me a chance to read through the owners manual so i can try and figure out the cockpit controls on this low flying 737.

I expect you will be getting some questions from me on what or how do you do this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	K1200LTC.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	2533  

Roy Gregersen

Ride Slow, Ride Fast, Always Ride Safe
85 K100RT sold
02 LTC DOA 9/21/14
12 R1200RT
bigbear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old Mar 14th, 2006, 8:25 am
Senior Member
 
DaFlake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posts: 314
>>As you all know these things have brakes that are different from anything else I have ever ridden. I figure these brakes, a little top heavy, mix in some salt and gravel and the fun goes away.<<

I think you WILL appreciate her Anti-lock Brake System when you get into the salt/sand/gravel mix. Have fun but be extra careful out there!
DaFlake is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old Mar 14th, 2006, 9:07 am
Senior Member
 
tarheel_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Redmond, WA, USA
Posts: 365
That's a beautiful bike! I hope you get to enjoy it soon. I'm picking mine up on Friday and can't wait. Snow forecast in the area with temps in the high 20s should make for an interesting first ride. Joel
tarheel_rider is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 Old Mar 14th, 2006, 10:25 am
Senior Member
 
car61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rolesville, NC, USA
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel_rider
Snow forecast in the area with temps in the high 20s should make for an interesting first ride. Joel
Joel, I hope you are not referring to the weather in Cary?

Tom McNulty
..sometimes you eat the bear...and sometimes, the bear eats you....


2003 Silver K1200LT---Sold
AKA "Miss Piggy"
2006 Graphit Gray R1200RT
AKA "Piglet"
car61 is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old Mar 14th, 2006, 11:26 am
Senior Member
 
tarheel_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Redmond, WA, USA
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by car61
Joel, I hope you are not referring to the weather in Cary?
No, that wasn't very clear was it. I'm picking the bike up in northern PA. They are getting some late March weather. I knew it was iffy when I set it up, but . . . Cary weather is supposed to drop 20 degs but still be in the high 50s for the weekend.
tarheel_rider is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old Mar 14th, 2006, 1:00 pm
Senior Member
 
car61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rolesville, NC, USA
Posts: 168
That's a relief...moving to Rolesville in June and don't want to see any more 20 degree snow days...

Tom McNulty
..sometimes you eat the bear...and sometimes, the bear eats you....


2003 Silver K1200LT---Sold
AKA "Miss Piggy"
2006 Graphit Gray R1200RT
AKA "Piglet"
car61 is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old Mar 14th, 2006, 3:56 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Woodbury, MN, USA
Posts: 562
Roy, once you get checked out on the LT you'll find it is all-weather and fully IFR capable. Enjoy.

Tim Frederick
Woodbury, MN
fredthead is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old Mar 15th, 2006, 7:13 am
Senior Member
 
tarheel_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Redmond, WA, USA
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by car61
That's a relief...moving to Rolesville in June and don't want to see any more 20 degree snow days...
Tom, You're going to love NC. Can't promise no snow, but can promise mighty little of it and it moves out quick when it does show up. If I can be of any assistance in your move, let me know. Joel
tarheel_rider is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old Mar 15th, 2006, 7:38 am
Senior Member
 
tmgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NE Georgia, GA., USA
Posts: 5,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear
Well,the wait is over, I bought a 2002 LTC but now the real waiting begins...
Weather around here isn't real condusive to riding a bike that is new to me. As you all know these things have brakes that are different from anything else I have ever ridden. I figure these brakes, a little top heavy, mix in some salt and gravel and the fun goes away.

I am looking at the bright side. This down time gives me a chance to read through the owners manual so i can try and figure out the cockpit controls on this low flying 737.

I expect you will be getting some questions from me on what or how do you do this.

congrats on the purchase of the new to yyou steed, you will l0ve the brakes, I came from hd;s to these and it didn't take but a moment or three to get used to being able to stop. don't worry about it, just keep the handle bars striaght when you come to a complete stop and all will be fine, yes it is more top heavy than your other bikes, don't let it surprise you is all I can advise.

Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
tmgs is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old Mar 15th, 2006, 8:08 am
Senior Member
 
car61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rolesville, NC, USA
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel_rider
If I can be of any assistance in your move, let me know. Joel
Maybe we can hookup and you can show me some of those nice rideing country roads? BTW you are going to love the LT.

Tom McNulty
..sometimes you eat the bear...and sometimes, the bear eats you....


2003 Silver K1200LT---Sold
AKA "Miss Piggy"
2006 Graphit Gray R1200RT
AKA "Piglet"
car61 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Paint Color jorawro K1200LT 51 May 29th, 2013 11:00 am
Long wait for my K1200LTC is over! meinen K1200LT 16 Mar 30th, 2008 1:09 pm
valve adjustment how tight is tight? pcra K1200LT 44 Jan 21st, 2006 7:20 pm
Updates: "Return to Ironhorse" LTs in Smokies BamaLT South East 42 Nov 2nd, 2005 6:46 pm
Worth the Wait davemoore Humor 0 Oct 27th, 2005 2:01 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome