This is amazing! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 2:20 pm Thread Starter

This is amazing!

Just spotted this on Craigslist Seattle this morning....Custom paint, but look at the price!!
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/2660178742.html
And this is a 2005!!
I wish I was in the market for a new bike!!

RICH CANNON
2000 K1200LT "a great ride"
2002 GL1800 powerful, but boring..(gone)
1979 XS1100 (gone)
1986 VT500 Ascot (gone)
1972 Honda 500-4 (gone)
1961 Lambretta (way gone)
1962 Allstate Compact (gone but not forgotten)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 3:31 pm

Re: This is amazing!

The paint is super looking as are the seats.

My guess is that there should be a 1 in front of that 5?

I've been pondering if I want to paint my bike this spring?

Bob

"He was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson
post #3 of 23 Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 3:46 pm

I see that it is at a dealer so probably isn't a scam? I wonder why the low price?

Bill
Eastern Virginia (Middle Peninsula)
K3ZXV
05 Honda Sabre 1100
04 Triumph Speedmaster , Black with
California Sidecar Friendship II
99 K1200LT, Basalt Gray "DELILAH" (SOLD)
99 R1100RT ,Glacier Green (SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

post #4 of 23 Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 4:10 pm

Check the dealers website and you'll see why it's so cheap as well as why a LT would have chrome wheels. I wonder if you offer the full asking price, he might throw in a free hoochie for the weekend. Fly in, ride (ride) out. Just sayin'.
http://www.premiumcustomcycles.com/Home_Page.php
post #5 of 23 Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 4:24 pm

It's been deleted off Craigslist, at the link above says so.

Jeff

2007 K1200LT Black
1971 Piper Cherokee 180
1975 Honda 250 Enduro
1968 Yamaha 250
1968 Honda 90
post #6 of 23 Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 4:49 pm

Damn missed it sold it within minutes of posting....though did get to look at the pic's of it, Shop owner doesn't want to do another due to the complexity of the bike they were a little shocked at just how much there is to the LT.

3K for the paint and chrome which I didn't think was all that bad

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #7 of 23 Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 4:56 pm

Garage

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #8 of 23 Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 6:27 pm Thread Starter

heres the pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CUSTOM LT.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	33289  

RICH CANNON
2000 K1200LT "a great ride"
2002 GL1800 powerful, but boring..(gone)
1979 XS1100 (gone)
1986 VT500 Ascot (gone)
1972 Honda 500-4 (gone)
1961 Lambretta (way gone)
1962 Allstate Compact (gone but not forgotten)
post #9 of 23 Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 8:24 pm

Garage

I like it!

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #10 of 23 Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 8:47 pm
Super Moderator

And here's the movie . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYOCe...eature=related

Dan Finazzo

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted to get"
post #11 of 23 Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 10:51 pm
Cat Herder

Garage

Listing is gone...

Tvguy
'16 R1200RT - "Golden Eye"
'11 R1200RT - "Night Fury" SOLD
'02 K1200LTE - "The Silver Bullet" SOLD

post #12 of 23 Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 11:54 pm

I liked the color ... but the seats? Naw.

- Joe
post #13 of 23 Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 2:11 am

Somebody needs to buy that bike quick so those poor little girls can get some warmer trousers! Yowsers!

Loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winky
Check the dealers website and you'll see why it's so cheap as well as why a LT would have chrome wheels. I wonder if you offer the full asking price, he might throw in a free hoochie for the weekend. Fly in, ride (ride) out. Just sayin'.
http://www.premiumcustomcycles.com/Home_Page.php

WAK1200LT
Loren

Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui
post #14 of 23 Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 5:59 am

Hey Loren, that place isn't too far from you, why don't you check it out, maybe get some chromies for your Purple Grape

Bill
K3ZXV
05 Honda Sabre 1100
)
post #15 of 23 Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 6:24 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13_ver2
I liked the color ... but the seats? Naw.
Come on man; that's the "buckskin"... "it's killin'me"...

Rick
<><

2000 K1200LT
1977 R75/7
2004 R1150RT (sold)
post #16 of 23 Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 6:41 am

Bill, did you look at the website?????? I'd probably drop right into cardiac arrest if "the crew" was in the store!

I feel kind if bad for them if they don't get some warmer clothes before winter!

On the other hand chrome and purple might just look pretty nice.......

Loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatzo
Hey Loren, that place isn't too far from you, why don't you check it out, maybe get some chromies for your Purple Grape

WAK1200LT
Loren

Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui
post #17 of 23 Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 10:24 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa1200lt
Bill, did you look at the website?????? I'd probably drop right into cardiac arrest if "the crew" was in the store!

I feel kind if bad for them if they don't get some warmer clothes before winter!

On the other hand chrome and purple might just look pretty nice.......

Loren

Owner seemed like a pretty good guy they deal mostly with the screamers like the busa his painter does some fantastic work he had a couple of bikes on the floor WOW is all I can say.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #18 of 23 Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 10:42 am

Kevin, Was the CREW in the shop when you visited? If it wasn't so far, I'd love to visit.

Bill
K3ZXV
05 Honda Sabre 1100
)
post #19 of 23 Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 11:00 am
Super Moderator

Art is in the eye of the beholder . . . anyone want to order one!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ljg7...eature=related

Dan Finazzo

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted to get"
post #20 of 23 Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 11:09 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatzo
Kevin, Was the CREW in the shop when you visited? If it wasn't so far, I'd love to visit.
Lol na the place is really small doubt they could get crew inside the place had to chuckle at the picture though

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #21 of 23 Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 11:11 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfinazzo
Art is in the eye of the beholder . . . anyone want to order one!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ljg7...eature=related
Good grief what demented mind came up with that scheme

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969

Last edited by Kra961; Oct 23rd, 2011 at 12:25 pm.
post #22 of 23 Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 9:23 pm

Talking Re: This is amazing!

I was first to look and offer (full asking) on Bike. Had issues!!! Went to BMW dealer next a.m. to meet the owner and pay for a UBI by service department. Owner had others onsite after we agreed on purchase. He wanted to start a bidding war. I left him with the newbies----Last I heard (2days later) the bike was still in service. I just hope it was a Karma thing... I do believe it is the same bike that was listed for 25k a couple months ago. It also had a salvage title.
post #23 of 23 Old Oct 24th, 2011, 7:05 am

25K to 5K LOL well that explains the price

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in