Quick community thanks!! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Oct 10th, 2011, 11:14 am Thread Starter

Quick community thanks!!

I needed help in getting the Wilber front shock installed someone had an excellent write-up procedure…. LOL danged if I can find it again so instead of thanking the member (s) I would just like to thank the community at large saved me quite a bit of work Thank you!

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Oct 10th, 2011, 6:26 pm
cws

Garage
Re: Quick community thanks!!

Probably David Major's write-up... I have a copy too, but decided to get the service techs to do it while in there for a major overhaul (no pun intended). It doesn't seem to be in the current tech files... maybe it was on the old site?
I've uploaded it to the miscellaneous files section.. "David Major's Wilbers Shock Install writeup "
thats not quite the right spot..... maybe a mod can move it to "technical"
(and I can't seem to "link" it correctly???)

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #3 of 5 Old Oct 11th, 2011, 2:24 am

Garage

Glad to hear the forum helped! This board has saved my sorry butt many, many times.

If you haven't already done so, be sure to kick back a little $$$ to keep the lights on!

I think I pay $60 a year and it has paid itself back 10 fold over the years.

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #4 of 5 Old Oct 11th, 2011, 9:50 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVB1019
Glad to hear the forum helped! This board has saved my sorry butt many, many times.

If you haven't already done so, be sure to kick back a little $$$ to keep the lights on!

I think I pay $60 a year and it has paid itself back 10 fold over the years.
Yup best investment I've made think I've been a member for a few years now.

Awesome community you don't find what this community offers very often.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #5 of 5 Old Oct 11th, 2011, 9:50 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws
Probably David Major's write-up... I have a copy too, but decided to get the service techs to do it while in there for a major overhaul (no pun intended). It doesn't seem to be in the current tech files... maybe it was on the old site?
I've uploaded it to the miscellaneous files section.. "David Major's Wilbers Shock Install writeup "
thats not quite the right spot..... maybe a mod can move it to "technical"
(and I can't seem to "link" it correctly???)
It was

Thank you David

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in