BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

On The Road Again

616 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Razmataz 
#1 ·
Bike has been down a couple of weeks due to finding metal flakes in final drive during oil change. Thanks to Murray I have a newly rebuilt final drive installed. Due to being frugal (cheap bastard) I decided I was going to tackle this one myself, since I do have a lift. Finished it late yesterday afternoon, and took it for a test drive. PERFECT! Everything is A-Ok, and no fault lights of any kind. I was sweating all the ABS stuff, but everything is ok. This winter I plan on learning to rebuild the old drive myself. The hardest part was cutting out the slot on the 30 mm socket. All I had to do this with was various cut of blades and various grinders. Wasn't beautiful, but it worked. I could not have done this without the support of this site. That's why I don't hesitate to throw a few coins this way to support it every year. A couple of times I needed a third hand, and my son helped me (aligning the splines, and someone to push down on the torque wrench while I held the allen wrench).
Thanks for all the support. :dance:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.