On The Road Again - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Oct 10th, 2011, 10:57 am Thread Starter

On The Road Again

Bike has been down a couple of weeks due to finding metal flakes in final drive during oil change. Thanks to Murray I have a newly rebuilt final drive installed. Due to being frugal (cheap bastard) I decided I was going to tackle this one myself, since I do have a lift. Finished it late yesterday afternoon, and took it for a test drive. PERFECT! Everything is A-Ok, and no fault lights of any kind. I was sweating all the ABS stuff, but everything is ok. This winter I plan on learning to rebuild the old drive myself. The hardest part was cutting out the slot on the 30 mm socket. All I had to do this with was various cut of blades and various grinders. Wasn't beautiful, but it worked. I could not have done this without the support of this site. That's why I don't hesitate to throw a few coins this way to support it every year. A couple of times I needed a third hand, and my son helped me (aligning the splines, and someone to push down on the torque wrench while I held the allen wrench).
Thanks for all the support.

BMW 1200 LTC 2002

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Illinois...The Only State Where The Governors Make The License Plates

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in