Put my name down........ - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Mar 13th, 2006, 3:55 am Thread Starter

Unhappy Put my name down........

.... for the drop club too . Went for a run with my Ulysses branch this weekend and we stopped at the local servo to fill up and check the tyre pressures. Mrs Dog was straddling the bike (with the side stand down) when I checked the front tyre pressure. When I moved to the rear, couldn't get top the valve properly, so Mrs Dog offered to roll the bike forward till the valve went to 6 o'clock.

When she put the bike down, she hadn't realised that the side stand had moved backwards a tad and when she put the bike over onto the stand, the stand folded and she couldn't hold the weight. Down goes baby, cradle and all.

Mad panic to get the bike off Mrs Dog (at least she could get her legs out) and then tried lifting the bike as per the HoW tips. Forgot to lock the ignition so it was an "interesting" lift. Both of us have a bad back, so as we were lifting, I was hoping that the twinges I was feeling were just normal ones instead of my disc going bye bye again.

Thankfully, no damage to Mrs Dog. However, as the bike laid down for a rest, the pannier wing missed the kerb and the pannier side actually touched down onto the kerb itself. Just looks like a couple of rock chips. Phew. Mrs Dog was not a happy girl as she was the one that gave me the go ahead to get the Beemer. So it's a joint bike, not mine but ours. When we started to move off, Mrs Dog begged me (read, if I say anything it wont be good for me) not to tell a good friend of ours who was leading the weekend ride as he takes great pleasure in winding her up - in a good way of course.

Well, who am I to resist a challenge? ATM I'm still walking and breathing, so just waiting for the sneak attack to come .

Ride safe all.

Regards

Big Dog
'04 K1200LT
Ulysses #33984
Cogito Ergo Sum: I think, therefore I am.
What am I?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Mar 13th, 2006, 5:37 am
cws

Garage
Unhappy

ummm, I think I owe you some picks of the hydraulic centre-stand.....
Hope you didn't mess up your back Big-Dog!!!
Where did you guys go?
I went for a run up the Blue Mountains over the weekend, saw a couple of other LT's in passing..

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #3 of 3 Old Mar 13th, 2006, 2:15 pm Thread Starter

Went out to Carcoar for the weekend. Some terrific back roads out there, mixture of tight corners and big sweepers. Roads are in good nick too. Went out and back via Bells Line / Mt Victoria. Good run but spoiled by those morons that have to do 20 kmh under the limit .

Edit: Oops, forgot about this, curse you old timers disease . Back went well. Thought there might have been a bit of a twinge when lifting the bike, but nothing yet. Worse part was one of the group locked up his brakes and went down right in front of me on his new kwaka. Bit banged and bruised he is and the bike was still ridable. Lifting that sucker up was worse than lifting the LT though.

As for the piccies mate, when ever you're ready. I'm easy. Cheers.

Regards

Big Dog
'04 K1200LT
Ulysses #33984
Cogito Ergo Sum: I think, therefore I am.
What am I?

Last edited by big dog; Mar 13th, 2006 at 2:31 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in