CD changer - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 8:05 am Thread Starter

CD changer

Hello everyone,

I'm really new to the K1200lt world...all of 48 hours! My first experiences with the bike have been very good, I love the way I can't notice the handling difference between carrying a pillion or not. The rider backrest is also something that I'd not tried before.

I do have some questions though; It seems that if I don't lock the steering head the radio can be turned on without turning on the ignition. Is that correct?

I have found my way around the radio quite easily but how do I swap between CDs on the CD changer?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Martin...in sunny Brazil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 8:25 am

Talking Re: CD changer

Yes, normal.

To change to the next CD, hold the front edge of the control button on the left handle bar for a couple seconds. A quick touch of the same button changes to the next tune. The rear button will do a repeat of the song now playing.

hope O explained it OK.

If not, the guru's will chime in soon, I'm sure.

Vern

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
04 Honda Reflex.....Hers (it mostly sits)
Converted HD rider.
Love this LT bike and still waiting for my first speeding ticket. LOL
Vern

=====
post #3 of 9 Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 8:33 am Thread Starter

Re: CD changer

Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll get the hang of things over the next few days. I just came into work listening to the same CD. It takes me around one to one and a half hours, depending on the traffic, so a variety of tunes on the CD changer is a good thing. I already have a MP3 adapter which I'll probably end up using more.

Another quick question. Does the radio automatically increase the volume with increased speed? I couldn't really understand how it works, I think the manual isn't that clearly written.

post #4 of 9 Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 8:39 am

Yep, the faster you go the louder it gets.

The CD changer should change to the next CD after finishing one on it's own. Not sure what keeps it from doing it on it's own.

Good luck

====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
Converted HD rider.
Vern

=====
post #5 of 9 Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 8:45 am Thread Starter

It probably didn't change automatically as I have an anxious thumb over the control button! I'll see what happens on the way home. Thanks again.
post #6 of 9 Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 11:41 am

Here is a quick reference for the radio/CD. It may help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf radio quick set up guide.pdf (57.6 KB, 310 views)

RICH CANNON
2000 K1200LT "a great ride"
2002 GL1800 powerful, but boring..(gone)
1979 XS1100 (gone)
1986 VT500 Ascot (gone)
1972 Honda 500-4 (gone)
1961 Lambretta (way gone)
1962 Allstate Compact (gone but not forgotten)
post #7 of 9 Old Oct 4th, 2011, 6:47 am Thread Starter

Thanks for that guide. The manual I have was probably translated from German to English before it got to Portuguese.

BTW Vern, I've got the hang of the CD changer now

1999 BMW K1200LT "Galatea"
1976 MERCEDES-BENZ 280S "Lady Genevieve"
1993 MERCEDES-BENZ S320 "Lady Audrey"
post #8 of 9 Old Oct 4th, 2011, 8:23 am

One question you asked was bout the radio/CD staying on when the key is turned to the first "off" position. When the bike was new there was a legible "R" in that position.....for "radio". In that position the radio (and CD) still have power while the rest of the bike is turned off. This allows you to listen to the radio while parked, in the garage, etc, if you choose. Turn the key further, and the radio is no longer powered.

JD

Jeff Dunkle
Ocala, FL
2000 LT - Motorvation Formula II
1995 R100GS
2004 Burgman 650 (wife's)
post #9 of 9 Old Oct 4th, 2011, 11:45 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin280s
Thanks for that guide. The manual I have was probably translated from German to English before it got to Portuguese.

BTW Vern, I've got the hang of the CD changer now

You're welcome, just glad I could help a bit.

I sure owe this bunch on here for all the help they were to me in the beginning!

====

78 years young!
Converted HD rider.
Vern

=====

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in