I dunno why? But I always forget - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Sep 26th, 2011, 9:03 pm Thread Starter

I dunno why? But I always forget

Went for a nice fall ride today.

Many times I enjoy the ride so much that I forget a big reason i enjoy the rides is because i'm on my LT.

On my LT I have jammed down the interstates, with ease, at 80-85 MPH.

Its easy to pass slow pokes on country roads--third gear at just 5K zooms me past pokes when I open the throttle.

I've ridden for hours in down pours.

At home in Tucson I can ride in the summer when temps are daily over 100F.

During Tucson winters, i just switch to warmer gloves, jacket, and more layers under my crash pants.

Did I mention i haven't owned a car for a few years now?

I can raise the wind shield just enough to reduce helmet noise so that i can listen to foot stompin blues from my Ipod with the stereo cranked just about all the way up. The bass response from those little water proof speakers still amazes me! And, I listen to the music while having silicone plugs in my ears.

today, i was leaning into some twisties just enjoying effortlessly riding thru them when i suddenly remembered how the distance between the wheels in my other motorcycles changed when I hit a small bump cornering--not my LT.

Parts of the road I was on weren't in great condition--very bumpy patches. But, my LT with aftermarket shocks didn't bounce--just a nice easy straight line over them.

Bet I forgot to adjust the lower wind deflectors? Last time I touched them it was to block the wind, riding on an interstate with temps in the lower 60s during a rain storm. Or was it in a morning when the temps were in the 50s?

best from Gorham ME
Bob

"He was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson

Last edited by BecketMa; Sep 26th, 2011 at 9:06 pm. Reason: Proof read

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in