Originally Posted by OctoberBoy
Assuming tires, shocks, etc, etc, are all in good shape, is there much difference in the ride between say a 2002 and a 2007? 2005 seemed to be a big year of changes.
I happen to be off today.....so the new kid (to the list) will jump in till the old hands can answer more fully.....
'05 was the change year, as you noted....here's a bit of the list of changes that year:
- 100 hp to 116hp
- power center stand added
- LCD instrument panel added....which consolidated a lot of previously scattered information
- fork angle/trail changed to make low speed handling easier
- change to dual headlights
- "standard" windshield went from short...to previously optional tall
- the three trim/accessory configurations with different model names were discontinued. All bikes had chrome trim.....and things like the intercom etc were simply options.
'05 to '07 ........all of the above carried ....the following came sometime....might have been '07....can't remember...but changed at some point post '05
the top case rack/light became a standard item
xenon head lamp went from option to standard
Voice II intercom went from an option to factory standard for one or two years.....then withdrawn as in included item to option again...in '09
Soft Touch (more plush) seat went from option to standard
I sell (sold) these things....and own one....and should remember more, but the above is a bit of the list. BTW......my wife and I have owned two Vulcan 500s....still have one, though not on my sig file list as it's waiting for my sister to take it as hers. Going from the V500 to an LT is a change for you! :-)