Most Complete Manaul? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Sep 12th, 2011, 11:46 am Thread Starter

Cool Most Complete Manaul?

Hi, I am getting into the spirit of repairs...As such, I need to find the BEST manual for replacing the integral ABS pump on my 2002. I have given up on a rebuild, and sourced a few used pumps. Please comment on your experience with the various manuals that are still available for me to purchase. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Sep 12th, 2011, 12:21 pm

Re: Most Complete Manaul?

I'm new to the BMW community and also the K1200LT and all it's idiosyncrasies. I"m not very mechanical, but I've already removed the tupperware for drive light addition. Success on both. But it looks like I'll need to improve my skills to do some of the other maintenance.
What's the best repair manual out there and I've already found the benefit of this forums.

Jeff

2007 K1200LT Black
1971 Piper Cherokee 180
1975 Honda 250 Enduro
1968 Yamaha 250
1968 Honda 90
post #3 of 5 Old Sep 12th, 2011, 12:43 pm

This is what I use. http://www.themotorbookstore.com/bmw...ir-manual.html

Dave

2003 K1200LTC Titan Silver
BMWBMW, BMWMOA, AMA, IBA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old Sep 12th, 2011, 12:58 pm

Wink Re: Most Complete Manaul?

+1 on the Clymer Manual! It will also give you color wiring diagrams, which the factory LT Manual will not. You actually have to order a separate Wiring Diagram Manual from BMW and it is multi language text.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveh

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 Old Sep 12th, 2011, 8:30 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

+2 on the Clymer, but it won't help you on the integral brakes as it does not cover the i-ABS unit replacement. Nor does it is discuss the bleeding of the system afterwards.

Now having said that the replacement is pretty straight forward as all the fittings are clip retained o-ring sealed tubes. Pull the clip and pop the tube out. Like wise on replacement pop the tube in (lube the o-ring with BF) and replace the clip.

Bleeding is done in two stages. 1. The control circuits through three ports for front and three ports for rear on the ABS unit. Once that is complete you then bleed the wheel circuits but those can be done with a long hose from the caliper back to the reservoir while letting the servo pump move the fluid. The front control is fed from the reservoir on the handle bar. The rear control is fed from the front chamber of the rear dual chambered reservoir.

Front wheel is fed from the rear half of the rear reservoir and the rear wheel is fed from the front half of the rear reservoir (shared with the rear control).

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in