Locked out of my '05 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Aug 31st, 2011, 9:26 pm Thread Starter

Locked out of my '05

I'm pretty new to this forum; new to the '05 LT; new to all the gadgets and now I am stuck in so many ways. It's been a bad week. I got a gasoline bath when the fuel line quick-disconnect started spraying me. The dealer fixed the fuel lines but I noticed the locks weren't responding as normal. I assumed they put them in the lock position for security reasons. The key wouldn't "unlock" them. The locks have always been unlocked for me (by both key and locking system). The 45 degree method worked to open the side bags and top box but not the oddments box. It was ajar so I used the fob to start it, pushed the box closed with the fob in it, and rode it home. Now I cannot open it, despite the buttons on the spare fob, key positions, and various attempts at whacking it including holding my mouth in a certain way. No more starting either. Dead. Nothing. Nada.

By the way, since I have never knowingly "used" the Central Locking System (I didn't know it had one) nor the keys to lock the bags, I do not know which button does what nor which key position is locked or open. And to top it off I have temporarily misplaced the appropriate manual so I am stuck.

I've got it on the trickle charger like I always do. Please advise the next move?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Aug 31st, 2011, 9:48 pm

Re: Locked out of my '05

David,
The left button on the fob activates central locking, engine imobilizer, and alarm. Maybe not in that order. Push the left button, you'll hear the locks activate. Push again, lights flash twice with 2 beeps. Push for a third time, lights flash 3 times with 3 beeps. Push the right button once to unlock, disarm, and mobilize. I didn't remember all the flashes and beeps, so I just went to the garage and checked mine.

As for the locks on the cases, if they're unlocked they are straight up and down as you look at them. If they're locked, they're horizontal as you look at them. I refer to this as having the door barred. Can't open if they're like that. The oddments box is backwards if you're sitting on the bike. Just like the rest if you're standing beside it.

HTH

Lee
Y2K K1200 LT Canyon Red - Torn apart by a Bimmer 11-10-10. Sold to Saddleman to be reanimated.
2005 K1200 LT Ocean Blue
ATGATT
CCR 2009, CCR 2010, CCR 2012
IBA #39250
SS1000 - September 2009
BB1500 - September 2009
BMW MOA #167909
post #3 of 5 Old Sep 1st, 2011, 6:29 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee510
David,
The left button on the fob activates central locking, engine imobilizer, and alarm.

HTH
Thank you for your quick and thorough reply! This is the level I need to help out. By the way, which fob button is the "left button?" Seriously. Since I can turn it either button could be left depending on the way I hold it.

One more thing I forgot to mention. After reading a number of threads, I removed the pillion and opened and closed the only 2-wire connection I could find hoping to reset the system. I didn't connect any jumpers of any kind to it. It didn't seem to do any help. I'm wondering if it totally reset it so my fob buttons don't do anything.

post #4 of 5 Old Sep 1st, 2011, 7:19 am Thread Starter

Thanks again! Knowing the unlock position of the oddments box was very helpful. I was able to open it with a light pressure on the lid to relieve and strain on the lock along with a little push on the lock mechanism. It opened. And with the fob that had been held captive I have ignition! I activated and deactivated the alarm with the "left" button (the one with ridges) and everything is open. Plus...the ignition doesn't require a push on the "right" fob button to start it. It is a normal motorcycle now with an alarm if I choose to use it.

To complicate matters more it appears my spare fob doesn't do anything. Battery?
post #5 of 5 Old Sep 1st, 2011, 7:46 am
Sit

K-Paso,

I have a scanned copy of the alarm manual if you can't find yours still. It explains things a bit better about how the alarm works and how to customize the alarm to do what you want it to do when you push the left button. I have mine so it only locks the bags with one push. If want a copy of it, PM me your email and I can send you a zip file of the manual.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 K1200LT-Ocean Blue
1989 K100RS - Blue & White
1992 K75S - Black
2013 Ural Patrol - Sold
2007 R1200GS-Granite Gray-Sold
2004 R1150R-Titan Silver-Sold

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in