V-Stream Windshield - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Aug 31st, 2011, 1:11 pm Thread Starter

V-Stream Windshield

Anyone have one of these and if so what do you think?

http://cdnmedia.endeavorsuite.com/im...dcd5c7859c.jpg

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Aug 31st, 2011, 1:22 pm

Re: V-Stream Windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by facscc
Anyone have one of these and if so what do you think?

http://cdnmedia.endeavorsuite.com/im...dcd5c7859c.jpg

Thanks.
Bunch of folks have the Vstream shield. And most folks like it. It's been around these parts the last 6 or 7 years. Click here for an early thread about it. And a search using a coupla keywords will bring up many, many more. Good luck.
post #3 of 9 Old Aug 31st, 2011, 1:24 pm

Looks just like mine... only cleaner...

Great addition... I'm 6'2" and love the shield. But I do hope we don't turn this into a VStream vs. Cee Bailey "beat your brethren over the head" thread...

So... what oil do you use??? And how about them Avon's...

later...

Uncle Mark

BMW '06' 1200LT "Wild Blue"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMWMOA Member #127457
Honda CX500 Custom - RIP '00'

"An intelligence agency that FEARS intelligence? Historically, not awesome." . . . From what movie?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 Old Aug 31st, 2011, 1:43 pm

I have one and like mine very much. Got mine mostly to make the ride a little better for my wife and she noticed a fairly significant improvement over the stock screen. The VStream is also polycarbonate, which is a good thing.

Regards & Ride Safe!

Bruce
'09 Black LT
4-Wheels moves the body, 2-wheels moves the soul.
IBA # 8547
post #5 of 9 Old Aug 31st, 2011, 1:46 pm

Does the VStream have the same problem as the stock shield, fogging up? That's my biggest issue with the stock windshield that I have!

Dave

2012 R1200RRT

2004 R1150R

2001 K1200LT (Traded)
1989 Yamaha Venture Royale (sold)
post #6 of 9 Old Aug 31st, 2011, 6:30 pm

Garage

Nope! The screen is very clear. I'm now on my second one! The first one got scuffed when the bike fell and I couldn't buff out the damage. I went with a Cee Bailey's for a while but didn't like the slight distortion when you look through it.

Got the new V at the MOA Rally last month for $200. The good folks from National Cycle and Countrywide BMW even shipped my old one home for me at no charge. NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #7 of 9 Old Aug 31st, 2011, 8:53 pm

I bought the lower -2" version last fall and like it a lot. Raised a bit, I see over it and wife gets less buffeting. Good shield and easy to clean.
post #8 of 9 Old Aug 31st, 2011, 8:53 pm

I put a V-stream windshield on my K1200LT last year. The lines of the windscreen look great on my bike and the wind protection is very good too.

The main thing I noticed with the polycarbonate material is it doesn't get the "spider web" scratches you can easily get with the acrylic windscreens. My windshield is as perfectly clear as the day I took it out of the box new, over 10K miles ago. One Youtube video shows a guy rubbing steel wool on the V-stream with no effect. I haven't tried the steel wool test myself.

Watch the Youtube tests on the polycarbonate vs acrylic windscreens. (link below) The acrylic shatters with a high impact hit and leaves sharp jagged edges. The polycarbonate is hardly affected. Most things bounce off of it. A gun shot goes through the V-stream but does not shatter the windscreen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDXwcgSYjws

I am very happy with the V-stream windshield. The price point is reasonable too.

Hope these comments and research helps.
post #9 of 9 Old Sep 1st, 2011, 5:54 am
cws

Garage

Tipped my bike over a few months back (hard), the right upper edge of the Vstream dug into the dirt track... not a scratch on the Vstream, but the windscreen adjuster mount snapped at the base.... its one tough screen!

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in