Audio Line Out '05 K1200LT? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 6:38 pm Thread Starter

Audio Line Out '05 K1200LT?

In looking at wiring my Starcom1 into my bike (no Voice II), I want to be able to play CDs etc through the intercom into the helmet, or switchable to the speakers, as well as the inputs to the Starcom1 into the speakers etc. through the AUX port. I have the cable needed on order. I know Starcom1 has a switch - it's for switching inputs made into the Starcom1, it does not enable output from the CD players/radio into the headset does it?

So - to my question - does anybody know if there is an audio line out set of pins anywhere that would provide audio line level output for radio/CD/CD Changer? I'm looking at the pinout description on the rear of the stingray CD player and while my German is good enough, not sure I see one on the Radio Connector (I see all the speaker outs etc). Pins 1, 3 and 6 on the (currently empty) Intercom connector (the one with the AUX In pins - are they a line out to the BMW Intercom?

One last ditch option I have is to use a car audio Line Out Converter on one of the speaker pairs. Anyone know the power rating of the BMW audio system? These also are not very small (for a good filtered one) - if there's no Voice II, is there much space behind the plastic shroud above the single CD player in the oddments box (stingray)?

Thanks - this has turned out to be quite complicated to get a system to play the way an integrated system would (any or all inputs thru speakers or switchable to helmet) but I'm looking to figure it out - I'm reasonably wiring / soldering savvy.

BMWMOA member

Current rides:
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic BMW K1200LT
2002 Pearl Orange Honda VTX1800 Retro

Prior rides:
Suzuki GS425E (Australia)
Suzuki T250R (Australia)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 7:10 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Re: Audio Line Out '05 K1200LT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowie

So - to my question - does anybody know if there is an audio line out set of pins anywhere that would provide audio line level output for radio/CD/CD Changer? I'm looking at the pinout description on the rear of the stingray CD player and while my German is good enough, not sure I see one on the Radio Connector (I see all the speaker outs etc). Pins 1, 3 and 6 on the (currently empty) Intercom connector (the one with the AUX In pins - are they a line out to the BMW Intercom?
Yes on the pins mentioned and I have used them in the past but the audio quality is not great. Maybe I did not have the proper impeadance match. I gave up and went with the Autocom speaker tie in adapter to get radio audio into my intercom. I no longer feed anything to or from the radio as I run my Driod and GPS direct into the autocom.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old Aug 29th, 2011, 3:41 pm

Re: Audio Line Out '05 K1200LT?

what you really want to do is tie into the oupput lines of the rear speakers, with a isolated lead, this allows you to still use your on board audio system, volume control, etc. I am not a starcom dealer but I do have that type of a device for a autocom. Kieth

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in